Filed under Student Life

Here Comes Goodbye

Here comes goodbye, the grand finale, the last hoorah. We’ve spent the last four years growing with one another and the time has come to grow apart. We will head our separate ways and eventually our memories will fade. We will meet new friends and forget old ones. We will learn how to pay a bill, buy a car, and cook a meal.These things school did not teach us. The things that matter right here and now will no longer matter. We will turn the page and read the next chapter, only to look back on part one titled “high school.”
I know that we are all fed up. We have been waiting for this moment for a lifetime. Freedom has finally come. We have been prepared for this but then comes the reminiscing, the remember whens. Remember when Maddy Oakley ran into that door at cheer camp? Remember when Mr. Clinton fell out of his chair in the seventh grade? Remember when we went to semi state in basketball? Remember when we were just kids sitting around the fire? Remember when we were all so close, boys didn’t matter, and the dishes were our biggest problems? The remember whens make the hourglass seem so small. Where has the time gone?
Here comes the never agains. Never again will we have to write another one of Engle’s awful essays. Never again will we have to eat poisonous cafeteria food. Never again will we have to take another SAT. Never again all the awful things that come with high school but also all the awesome things. Never again will we feel the king pride out on the field or court. Never again will we take those late night taco bell runs with the squad. No more line dances. No more homecoming week. No more feeling the bond between your stunt group while coming down from a toss. Never again, no more.
Saying goodbye is a bittersweet feeling because we don’t just say goodbye to the teachers and the walls. We say goodbye to the friends we had here and the memories we all made. It was just our first day yesterday. Now we are walking across the stage, ready to say goodbye. The song “You’re Going to Miss This” begins to play in the background. Here comes the tears and the smiles because this is it. This is goodbye.

1 Comment

One Response to “Here Comes Goodbye”

1. McKayla Ramsey on May 18th, 2017 11:04 am

Great article Kylie! You did a great job of capturing all the good and bad things about graduating and saying goodbye. I’ll be watching you guys walk across the stage wishing it was me.

*

• Impact Teachers

Impact Teacher Essay- Mr. Krug

• Here Comes Goodbye

Impact Teacher Essay- Mr. Engle

• Here Comes Goodbye

My Impact Teacher- Ms. Roller

• Here Comes Goodbye

Galveston Color Run

• Here Comes Goodbye

The Closing of a Chapter

• Here Comes Goodbye

Head Start Health Fair

• Student Life

The Best Time of the Year

• Here Comes Goodbye

Time To Say Goodbye

• Here Comes Goodbye

J

• Here Comes Goodbye

First, Last, and Best Prom of My Life

Here Comes Goodbye