Filed under Student Life

Galveston Color Run

The third annual Galveston Color Run was held last Saturday at Galveston Elementary. Many different athletes helped out with the event and I was involved in helping with the cross country team. Everyone there had a fun time, whether volunteering or running.

Kara Riley said, “The color run inspires all of us to see the true reason to become involved in the community, you meet new personalities and have a great time.”

The color isn’t just paint the color is a powder that can be easily thrown. The only problem the dust carries is that it gets everywhere: in your eyes, ears, mouth, and nose. By the end of the race, everyone is ready for a shower, but the fun isn’t forgotten when the color runs down the drain.

I have volunteered at the color run for two years now and extreme cold consumed last year, but this year the weather was beautiful: a little chilly but the sun was out. I served at the purple station and I had to throw the purple color dust at the runners. I believe that throwing the color is more fun than running it because the color throwers get to see all the people smiling and having a great time.

The greatest part about the color run is I get to be apart of it with my amazing team. The color run is our first time for the year that the team gets together to do something. We all know how to have a blast and I wouldn’t want it any other way.

Everyone should take the opportunity to run the color run. Every aspect of the run is directed to make sure the participants have a good time. Whether you sprint, jog, or walk, you’ll find your place at the Color Run.

2 Responses to “Galveston Color Run”

1. Madilyn Hoff on May 25th, 2017 12:13 am

The first two years of the color run I had always help participate. I was so excited when I found out I could actually run it this year! Personally, I think the color run is so much fun especially as something mini that kids can enjoy. It’s always great to see everyone who shows up!

2. Lanie Miller on May 25th, 2017 8:15 am

I’m not much of a runner, but this actually seems like so much fun. Your article may have just convinced me to run a little haha. Great article McKayla!

*

• Impact Teachers

Impact Teacher Essay- Mr. Krug

• Galveston Color Run

Impact Teacher Essay- Mr. Engle

• Galveston Color Run

My Impact Teacher- Ms. Roller

• Galveston Color Run

The Closing of a Chapter

• Galveston Color Run

Head Start Health Fair

• Student Life

The Best Time of the Year

• Galveston Color Run

Time To Say Goodbye

• Galveston Color Run

J

• Galveston Color Run

Here Comes Goodbye

• Galveston Color Run

First, Last, and Best Prom of My Life

Galveston Color Run