A Walk Down the Hall

For the first time in four years, I haven’t been completely intimidated by the seniors, I haven’t had to worry about being in an upperclassman’s way, and I haven’t felt like one of the smallest kids in the hall. (Yes, I’m still short but these junior high kids are tiny.) Since I am an upperclassman, and that reality really hit me Thursday morning walking down the halls. For the first time I haven’t seen the seniors and been intimidated by them because this year those seniors are the kids I grew up with. To think that those kids I used to go to the babysitter with are now seniors in high school blows my mind, and it’s even crazier to think in just a blink of an eye that will be me.

I know you’ve all heard it before, but time really does go by in the blink of an eye. It feels like just yesterday was my first day in the Southeastern School Corporation. I can even tell you the exact thing I wore for that first day of seventh grade and exactly how scared I was of those big bad seniors. (I promise the seniors aren’t as big and bad as they may seem.) To think that was all 4 years ago is completely crazy to me. I mean is it really possible that I’m 16 and a junior in high school already?!

With all these realizations I’ve started to realize that time really does pass by way faster than we wish it would. I’ve also started to realize I don’t appreciate everything I have. I mean I could have one thing today, and it be completely gone tomorrow. One thing especially is time, and since we haven’t come up with some sort of technology to freeze time, I’ve decided to slow down and just enjoy this time in high school before it’s all gone. Because honestly before you know it, I’ll be entering my last year of high school, and within a blink of an eye my high school career will be over. Due to these realizations, I’ve decided I’m going to make my last two years of high school the most memorable and the most prized years to me.

To make all this possible, I’ve decided I’m going to go a little bit more out of my comfort zone this year. I’m going to talk to kids in my class I haven’t talked to in forever or haven’t talked to at all, I’m going to support sports teams that are under appreciated, I’m going to help my classmates I see struggling to get through the day, and, overall, I’m going to make this year memorable not just for me but the people around me.

4 Responses to “A Walk Down the Hall”

1. McKayla Thompson on August 7th, 2017 7:53 pm

I really love your article because you were very open minded about it. You told about flashbacks and told about memories which really put detail into it. I like how you compared your junior high days to now days being a junior. I also liked how you told us about getting out of your comfort zone I think it made it relate to a lot more people by doing that.

2. hannah_young on August 7th, 2017 9:14 pm

Great article Josie! Time really does go by faster than we think. I think it’ll be a great experience for you to get out of your comfort zone, you’ll experience a lot of totally different things! I hope you enjoy your last two years of high school.

3. klewe90 on August 8th, 2017 8:22 am

This is a really good article! I like how you expressed your views from all possible ways and were very open-minded. You had a sense of positivity in your voice. You show a great outlook on the rest of high school despite flashing back to the scary points of the past. Great article!

4. kkitchel23 on August 8th, 2017 1:29 pm

You have an amazing outlook on your future! I could tell through your writing how excited and serious you are about the rest of your high school career. Very well written article!

*

• A Walk Down the Hall

Champions Together

• A Walk Down the Hall

To My Sister

• A Walk Down the Hall

Why Community Service Is A Great Thing

• A Walk Down the Hall

A City to Remember

• A Walk Down the Hall

Family Vacation

• A Walk Down the Hall

Demoralizing the Dog

• A Walk Down the Hall

Caring but Crazy

• A Walk Down the Hall

Busy, Relaxing, and Thrilling All in One

• A Walk Down the Hall

HGS- Senator for a Week

• A Walk Down the Hall

Opinion

No More PDA!

A Walk Down the Hall