Filed under Student Life

Caring but Crazy

We all have that one teacher that drives us absolutely insane. Maybe it’s not actually that way, but it might be that you actually drive them insane. Either way this teacher jokes with you all the time and might make fun of you along the way. All your talks and laughs make you enjoy their classes and make you enjoy being at school. Last year, every morning I would walk by his door and he would never forget to say hello or good morning. He ,of course, didn’t just call me my regular name because he had a nickname for me. “Good morning giggles” I would always hear. “Haha” isn’t that silly. I wonder where he got the name for me? Even though I laughed a lot in his class, he never seemed to care. He always told me my positive attitude was great and to keep it. Don’t get me wrong. I got joked with a lot in his class, but it never failed to make me smile. I think the worst thing is when he jokes with someone in Spanish. That person just  acts like they know what he’s saying and nod, but sometimes you just wish you knew what in the world he was actually saying.

One day this teacher decided that he was going to chase me around the class because I asked a question I apparently should have known the answer too. It doesn’t stop there. He knew I’m a student that worries about my grades tremendously. I would ask him everyday if he has graded our test yet. After taking weeks, I mean weeks to grade them he would pass them back making sure my paper was the very last one. He would either make me jump for it or he would play the ‘to slow’ game with me. This teacher was also very close with his students. We all loved to hear about all his crazy stories and his adorable daughter. Even though we all thought this teacher was actually insane and couldn’t be any crazier, we seriously enjoyed having him around.

I think one thing that made this teacher special is that we didn’t just treat him like a teacher. We talked to him about anything. He had kids tell him about their days all the time. We all know he really didn’t want to listen to all these stories about teenagers doing something stupid but he listened to every word of them.

At the end of the school year we all shared laughs and told him we would see him next year. I told all my friends that they will love being in his class and to look forward to it. Little did I know this teacher would not be coming back. I was very upset knowing this, but in a way at least I got to meet him. I’m not sure he really knew the impact that he had on my day, and I’m not sure he really ever will. I would like to thank Mr. Lute for going the extra mile and always being the one to care.

4 Responses to “Caring but Crazy”

1. Alex Lute on August 8th, 2017 1:07 pm

Ms. Thompson,
    Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate them greatly. I am very proud to have been a Cass King for the time I was there. I wish you, and all the other Kings, well in your endeavours.

And, of course, keep giggling.

Lute

2. cjoll79 on August 8th, 2017 2:06 pm

I think the story was really good but you didn’t put a space before the I when you said ” I got joked with a lot in his class” Also you say everyone in the class joked with me.

3. Jameson on August 14th, 2017 9:45 am

I never got to have Lute as a teacher, sadly. I would see him in the hallways and he always seemed fairly joyful. I would have like to have actually met him and after reading this even more so. Nice job.

4. Alma Gonzalez on September 17th, 2017 11:51 am

Great Job McKayla! Mr.Lute was a great guy who always cared about each and every student. We all miss him! I really liked your article because the teachers name was mentioned until the end, nice job!

*

• Caring but Crazy

Bunny Fever

• Caring but Crazy

Stepping on to the IU field

• Caring but Crazy

Senioritis Struggles

• Caring but Crazy

To the Girl Struggling to Love Herself

• Caring but Crazy

To be, Not to be, Full is Key

• Caring but Crazy

Keeping Up With Senior Year

• Caring but Crazy

Family Doesn’t Always Come From Blood

• Student Life

Tips for Underclassmen

• Caring but Crazy

Fishing with an Arrow

• Caring but Crazy

Decision for Depauw

Caring but Crazy