Lewis Cass Daily Announcements 02-20-18

Faye Riddleberger Scholarship Applicant must be a resident of Cass County. The scholarship is for $1,000 and for one year in length. Paper applications can be picked up in the guidance office. All applications are to be returned to the guidance office by March 13, 2018.

Carroll White REMC Scholarship The Carroll White REMC Scholarship is available to deserving college bound seniors who live in the Carroll White service territory. Paper applications can be picked up in the guidance office and returned to the REMC office no later than March 16, 2018.

Ceres Solutions Scholarship The Ceres Solutions Cooperative Scholarship is available in the Guidance Office. Applicants must have a parent or grandparent who is a member of the cooperative (formerly North Central Coop) and show leadership through 4-H, FFA, or volunteering. The Guidance Office has paper copies or you can access the application at www.ceres.coop. Deadline is 3/1/2018

Indiana DAR Scholarship The Indiana DAR Scholarship is available for a senior who exemplifies academic excellent, is active in school and community, and has financial need. Paper application in the Guidance Office and a letter from the DAR Chapter sponsor is required. Ms. Hanneken will give you the contact information. Deadline: must be postmarked by March 1, 2018.

High School Poster / Visual Arts Contest The 2018 High School Poster / Visual Arts Contest is open to any student enrolled as a Freshman-Senior. Paper qualifications can be picked up in the guidance office. All entries must be entered by April 1, 2018.

CCARTA (Cass County Area Retired Teachers Association) Scholarship Students must reside in Cass County and must be planning on entering the field of Education. Application can be picked up in the guidance office. Deadline to turn application in is March 10, 2018

Cass Co. Bar Association The Cass County Bar Association is awarding $500 to a Cass County senior. Paper copies of the application are available in the guidance office. Deadline is April 4, 2018

Cass Co. Pork Producers’ Scholarship Paper applications for the 2018 Cass County Pork Producers’ Agriculture Scholarship are now available in the guidance office. If you are a senior planning to pursue a field of study in Agriculture and are a resident of Cass County, you are eligible. The deadline is March 31, 2018.

Tri Kappa (Kappa Kappa Kappa) Scholarship Students must be in the top 40% of their class and are NOT a 21st Century Scholar. Paper applications can be picked up in the Guidance Office. Deadline is February 27.

Cass County Extension Homemakers Scholarship The applicant must be a daughter, son, or grandchild of a current Cass County Extension Homemaker Club member or the niece or nephew of a current Cass County Extension Homemaker Club member who does not have children of her own. Paper applications are in the Guidance office. Deadline to turn in is April 1, 2018

Cass County Republican Women’s Club Scholarship Applicant must be planning to attend an Indiana College/University. Paper applications can be picked up in the guidance office. Deadline is April 1, 2018

Logansport Memorial Hospital Foundation Student must be entering the health care/medical field. (i.e. doctors, nurses, radiologists, etc). Paper application can be picked up in the guidance office. Deadline is April 2, 2018.

Cass County Farm Bureau, Inc. Applicants must be a Cass County Resident or if living outside of the county be a student of a Cass County High School; live with a parent or guardian who is a current Cass County Farm Bureau member. Paper applications are available in the guidance office. Deadline is March 1.

Purdue Polytechnic Kokomo Experience a “Day in College” is Friday, March 2nd, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Need more information? Contact the Purdue Kokomo office at 765-455-9339 or by email at [email protected]

Purdue Alumni Club of Cass County Applicants must have applied and/or been accepted to Purdue W. Lafayette. Pick up application packet in the guidance office. Deadline is March 1.

City of Firsts Community Federal Credit Union Any senior who has been a member of City of Firsts Community Federal Credit Union prior to January 1, 2018 and have at least a “C” average. Paper applications can be picked up in the guidance office. Deadline is April 1.

North Central Indiana Builders Association Scholarship Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 and must be continuing their education in a construction related field approved by the scholarship committee and is NOT restricted to students who will be attending a traditional four your university. Paper applications are in the guidance office. Deadline April 6.

Logansport Rotary Club Paper applications are available in the guidance office. Deadline is April 15.

Richard W. Cassidy, Jr. Scholarship Paper applications can be picked up in the guidance office. Deadline is April 6.

Indiana Sheriffs’ Association Scholarship Are you pursuing a career in the criminal justice field?? If so, the Indiana Sheriffs’ Association is offering a $500 scholarship. The guidance office has a paper copy or you can download a copy at www.indianasheriffs.org. Deadline is April 1, 2018.

Tyson Foods Scholarship Applicant must be a child or step-child of an employee of Tyson Foods. Paper applications can be picked up in the guidance office. Deadline is April 6.

James O Allman Quality Through Math/Science/Technology Excellence Schloarship Paper application is available in the guidance office. Deadline is April 22.

James O Smith Quality Through Community Service Excellence ScholarshipPaper application is available in the guidance office. Deadline is April 22.

Baseball Call Out There will be a high school baseball call out next Friday, February 23rd in the junior high gym.

ISTA (Indiana State Teachers Association) District Scholarship Are you the child, step child, grandchild or step grandchild of a teacher. Stop in the guidance office to pick up a paper application. Deadline is April 1.

2018 Student-View Scholarship Program Planning to attend a four year college, community/junior college or career school? Application process is easy. Simply log on to www.student-view.com and complete a 15-20 minute application survey about colleges in your area. The scholarship winner will be awarded via a random drawing of all complete applications. The winner is announced in May, 2018. Deadline is April 22.

Year Book!! Be sure to purchase your yearbook by spring break! Junior High students will be entered in a drawing to win a Junior High Yearbook. Freshmen-Senior will be entered in a drawing to win a High School Yearbook. Seniors who have purchased their Seniors Only book will be entered to win a free Seniors Only Edition. Winners will be issued a refund check for the purchase price of their respective book payable to the person(s) who ordered the yearbook.

Story of the Day Make sure to visit the Kings’ Courier(https://lckingscourier.net/)! Today’s specially selected article Holy’s “Ms. Emily Smith.” Make sure to read it at https://lckingscourier.net/17389/features/ms-emily-smith/ !!