Lewis Cass Daily Announcements 03-23-18

High School Poster / Visual Arts Contest The 2018 High School Poster / Visual Arts Contest is open to any student enrolled as a Freshman-Senior. Paper qualifications can be picked up in the guidance office. All entries must be entered by April 1, 2018.

Cass Co. Bar Association The Cass County Bar Association is awarding $500 to a Cass County senior. Paper copies of the application are available in the guidance office. Deadline is April 4, 2018

Cass Co. Pork Producers’ Scholarship Paper applications for the 2018 Cass County Pork Producers’ Agriculture Scholarship are now available in the guidance office. If you are a senior planning to pursue a field of study in Agriculture and are a resident of Cass County, you are eligible. The deadline is March 31, 2018.

Cass County Extension Homemakers Scholarship The applicant must be a daughter, son, or grandchild of a current Cass County Extension Homemaker Club member or the niece or nephew of a current Cass County Extension Homemaker Club member who does not have children of her own. Paper applications are in the Guidance office. Deadline to turn in is April 1, 2018

Cass County Republican Women’s Club Scholarship Applicant must be planning to attend an Indiana College/University. Paper applications can be picked up in the guidance office. Deadline is April 1, 2018

Logansport Memorial Hospital Foundation Student must be entering the health care/medical field. (i.e. doctors, nurses, radiologists, etc). Paper application can be picked up in the guidance office. Deadline is April 2, 2018.

City of Firsts Community Federal Credit Union Any senior who has been a member of City of Firsts Community Federal Credit Union prior to January 1, 2018 and have at least a “C” average. Paper applications can be picked up in the guidance office. Deadline is April 1.

North Central Indiana Builders Association Scholarship Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 and must be continuing their education in a construction related field approved by the scholarship committee and is NOT restricted to students who will be attending a traditional four your university. Paper applications are in the guidance office. Deadline April 6.

Logansport Rotary Club Paper applications are available in the guidance office. Deadline is April 15.

Richard W. Cassidy, Jr. Scholarship Paper applications can be picked up in the guidance office. Deadline is April 6.

Indiana Sheriffs’ Association Scholarship Are you pursuing a career in the criminal justice field?? If so, the Indiana Sheriffs’ Association is offering a $500 scholarship. The guidance office has a paper copy or you can download a copy at www.indianasheriffs.org. Deadline is April 1, 2018.

Tyson Foods Scholarship Applicant must be a child or step-child of an employee of Tyson Foods. Paper applications can be picked up in the guidance office. Deadline is April 6.

James O Allman Quality Through Math/Science/Technology Excellence Schloarship Paper application is available in the guidance office. Deadline is April 22.

James O Smith Quality Through Community Service Excellence ScholarshipPaper application is available in the guidance office. Deadline is April 22.

ISTA (Indiana State Teachers Association) District Scholarship Are you the child, step child, grandchild or step grandchild of a teacher. Stop in the guidance office to pick up a paper application. Deadline is April 1.

2018 Student-View Scholarship Program Planning to attend a four year college, community/junior college or career school? Application process is easy. Simply log on to www.student-view.com and complete a 15-20 minute application survey about colleges in your area. The scholarship winner will be awarded via a random drawing of all complete applications. The winner is announced in May, 2018. Deadline is April 22.

Carl J & Helen Wilson Nursing Scholarship Applicant must be pursuing a career in nursing. Paper applications can be picked up in the guidance office. Deadline is April 9.

Garrett Arion Scholarship Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. This person must show genuine school spirit, qualities of integrity and be involved in school and/or community activities. Paper applications can be picked up in the guidance office. Deadline is March 22.

Carl J and Helen Wilson Agriculture Scholarship Applicant must be pursuing a career in agriculture. Paper applications can be picked up in the guidance office. Deadline is April 9

Logansport Kiwanis Club Application is available to any student graduating from one of the high schools in Cass County and a resident of Cass County. Applications are available in the guidance office. Deadline to turn back in to guidance office is April 13.

Cass County Arts Alliance Applicant must be a Cass County Resident, have a GPA of 2.5 or better, be involved in the arts while in high school, through arts related curriculum and/or extra-curricular activities. Student must continue his/her involvement with the arts while in college. Application can be picked up int he guidance office. Deadline is April 1, 2018

Memorial Hospital Volunteer Auxiliary Applicant must be one of the following: (a) employed by Logansport Memorial Hospital, (b) a child of someone who is employed by Logansport Memorial Hospital or (c) a volunteer at Logansport Memorial Hospital. Paper applications are available in the guidance office. Deadline is April 2, 2018.

Maude Kelley Sholarship Are you pursuing a career in the health care professions? Paper applications can be picked up in the guidance office. Deadline is 4/2/18.

Greg Maxwell Scholarship Applicants must have attended Lewis Cass High School for the past 4 years; have participated in at least one of the following activities for 3 or more years: football, wrestling, baseball, cheerleading, band or swimming. This student must be a person showing school spirit and strong Christian Faith. Paper applications can be picked up in the guidance office. Deadline to return to guidance is Friday, March 23.

Gordon B. Riley II Scholarship Paper applications can be picked up in the guidance office. Deadline to turn back in to guidance office is April 10.

Civic Players of Logansport Scholarship Have you participated in one or more productions on-stage or backstage with Civic Players of Logansport? Have you participated in one or more productions on-stage or backstage with a community theatre? Have you participated in one or more productions on-stage or backstage at Lewis Cass? If you answered yes to ANY one of these, stop by the guidance office to pick up a scholarship application today. Deadline is April 20.

Engineering and Technology Camps Summer 2018 The University of Dayton is hosting the METEC: Minority Engineering and Technology Enrichment Camp for Young Men from June 17-23; Women in Engineering Summer Camp from June 24-29; and the Summer Honors Engineering Camp from July 8-13. If you are interested in learning more about it stop by the guidance office to pick up further information. You will need to apply early – space is limited.

Raman C. Briggs Kokomo Men of Note “Keep America Singing” Music Scholarship The applicant, male or female, must be accepted by an accredited college or university and be pursuing a major in Music Education with an emphasis on vocal music. Paper applications can be picked up in the guidance office. Deadline is April 30.

Indiana Tech visit day for Current Sophomores and Juniors Indiana Tech is hosting a visit day for current Sophomores and Juniors on April 13. Sign up at INDIANATECH.EDU/VISIT.

Ball State Scholarship Applicants must be planning to attend Ball State in the Fall 2018. Use the link provided to fill out the online application. https://forms.bsu.edu/forms/alumni_association_cass_howard_county_alumni_scholarship_application. Deadline is April 15.

Story of the Day Make sure to visit the Kings’ Courier (https://lckingscourier.net/)! Today’s specially selected article is Kaleb Lewellen’s “Now Hiring” Make sure to read it @ https://lckingscourier.net/17799/student-life/now-hiring/#photo

Balanced Man Scholarship Scholarship is open to any male Senior planning to attend Ball State in the fall 2018. Paper applications are available in the guidance office. Due date is July 31st.