Ayn Rand Essay Contest Finalists

Every year, the Ayn Rand Institute holds an essay contest where students across the world write essays pertaining to one of the three books written by Ayn Rand: Anthem, The Fountainhead, and Atlas Shrugged.

Last year’s seniors wrote for The Fountainhead contest. The entire contest had 2,000 applicants from over than one hundred countries. For example, Adelina Fendrina from Bulgaria won the contest. Out of the 2,000 students, 236 students became finalists and semifinalists.

Lewis Cass recognized six seniors: one finalist and five semifinalists. Nolan Sharpless, winning $100, received the honor of being a finalist in the contest. Alec Eurit, Drake Hall, Olivia Johnson, Jessica Pinkston, and Jessica Reinhart, all winning $50, received recognition as semifinalists.

“This was a fantastic result for Lewis Cass. This is the most students we have had as finalists in the International competition,” said Mr. Engle, English teacher at Lewis Cass.

Altogether, their essays ended up placed at the top 12 percent of all of the applications. Overall these students represented Lewis Cass well. Congratulations to all who won and applied!

1 Comment

One Response to “Ayn Rand Essay Contest Finalists”

1. Luke Hammond on August 11th, 2017 9:08 am

I loved the way you described what the Ayn Rand Contest completely entails. This is super informative for the senior class getting ready to enter this contest. You did an amazing job on showing the reader how difficult it is to become a finalist and semifinalist with all the students who enter the Ayn Rand Contest, and you did a great job at praising the people who achieved those titles.

*

Ayn Rand Essay Contest Finalists