Filed under Student Life

Keeping Up With Senior Year

Senior year may be hardest year of school yet. For some people senior year might be the easiest, but I am taking three advanced placement classes that all require a lot of work. Staying on top of these classes along with sports, work, and spending time with my family and friends keeps me busy all the time.

In the past years I have always had time to lie down, relax, and watch some television on the weekends and after practice and doing homework, but this year I always have something I am doing. I have practices six days out of the week and I work most weekends. I also have college applications I need to complete and scholarships to apply for.

I try to spend whatever time I do not have to be doing something with friends on the weekends. I do not know how many of them I will still see after I graduate this spring and do not want to regret not doing anything fun with them. I spend at least one day on the weekends just helping out at home and spending time with my family because this will hopefully be the last year I live at home and get to see them every day. Usually I spend Sundays at home and I do homework in the evening.

On the days that I work I usually work from 10:30 until 5:30, but some days I get off earlier. When I get home after work, I always feel really tired, but I still do my chores and try to spend some time with my family before starting homework and going to sleep.

The homework this year takes a lot more time than any other years have had. AP Chemistry and AP Calculus usually have the most homework and the most grueling. I generally have a chapter to complete each night in chemistry and at least ten problems to do for calculus. More times than not I need help with the calculus so I wait to do it at school. I work on calculus first period a lot, making it harder the keep up with essays and articles than what would be convenient.

Trying to find a balance between all of the aspects of my life this year, I have failed to fully complete tasks and perform as I should. Senior year is fun because of the opportunities to make memories and experience things with friends, but it creates a very large amount of stress and fatigue trying to keep up everything.