Senioritis Struggles

Having trouble getting out of bed to come to school? Waiting to do all of your homework until the class period before? Thinking “I don’t want to be here” more than ten times a day? You might just have senioritis and although this might sound like an advertisement for a new cure, I couldn’t tell you the first thing about dodging senioritis.

I have been dealing with senioritis since the newness of senior year wore off, so basically since the second day of school. As a junior I was losing motivation but I thought that my mentality last year was as bad as it would get. Little did I know that my motivation to get anything done or even be within the walls of Lewis Cass would dissipate even further.

Yet I would still tell all the underclassmen to enjoy life within the walls of Lewis Cass. I feel as if my high school years flew by and now my cross country seasons are gone and I’m getting ready to start my very last swim season. Times flies when you’re having fun and I definitely had a lot of fun in my years of high school.

The real shock to my system came with senior night. The cross country team has our senior night at the football game because we don’t have a home course and for the first time I realized exactly what was happening. Sure I know that I’m a senior but majority of the time it doesn’t register to me that this year brings all of my lasts. For some reason I still feel as if I have plenty of time here even though we are already a quarter of the way through my senior year. Someday I’m sure it’ll completely hit me that I’ll never walk these halls as a student again, but right now I feel as if this year is neverending.

The final thing that made my senioritis even worse was getting accepted into college. Now I am an all A student but when I got my acceptance letter and it said I have to maintain C’s to still be admitted the thought crossed my mind. I know that eventually I’d be unhappy with myself for letting my grades go, but the thought of kicking my feet up and cruising through senior year was tempting for awhile.

Seniors have a lot of exciting things that get us through the year, our last pep rallies, senior nights, and sports banquets to name a few. Many of these things help the senior class to just get through the year with some motivation left. It seems as if senioritis comes in waves where one week I’m feeling very motivated and the next I can’t even get out of bed on time. So class of 2018, here’s to having lots of good motivated weeks.

1 Comment

One Response to “Senioritis Struggles”

1. Drew Cornell on October 13th, 2017 8:29 am

I agree with your troubles. It is hard to stay on top of events senior year, and I have been struggling to find motivation for some simple things. Remember, the school year is a quarter of the way over, and make sure you finish it strong! Great article, McKayla!

*

• Senioritis Struggles

To be, Not to be, Full is Key

• Senioritis Struggles

Family Doesn’t Always Come From Blood

• Senioritis Struggles

Becoming Me

• Senioritis Struggles

Bad Case of the Mondays…Literally!

• Senioritis Struggles

High School Tears

• Senioritis Struggles

Bunny Fever

• Senioritis Struggles

Showcase

Kings’ Cast 10-13-17

• Senioritis Struggles

Sports

Chasing The Heisman Trophy

• Senioritis Struggles

Stepping on to the IU field

• Senioritis Struggles

News

Mr. Bonnell: District 4 Middle School Principal of the Year

Senioritis Struggles