Kings Defeat Oracles 33-6

Second half blow out sends Kings to sectional championship

Last Friday, the Lewis Cass football team took on the Delphi Oracles for round two of the class 2A sectionals. It was cold game for both the players and fans who came out to support the teams.

The Oracles won the toss and decided to receive the football. Lewis Cass’ kicker, Trevor Kessler, booted the ball down field for the Kings to give the Oracles the first possession of the game. Delphi started the game with a couple of plays that racked up some good yards. The Kings caught on quickly and then played defense like a brick wall. The running game for Delphi was completely shut down.

The first quarter was scoreless for both teams, but Lewis Cass knew they were close to pushing one into the endzone. The Kings marched the ball down to the red zone, and then senior, Brady Johnson, punched it in for the first score of the game. The extra point was a failed attempt, and Cass was in the lead 6-0. The rest of the second quarter was scoreless for both teams.

Coming into the second half, the Kings took the field with a lot of enthusiasm. This played a huge role in the game. They put up a total of 14 points in the third quarter along with 13 points in the fourth quarter. In the third quarter, the Kings marched the ball down into the red zone and capitalized with a one-yard run from sophomore, Gabe Eurit. Later in the third quarter, Brady Johnson punched in another touchdown from three yards out. During the fourth quarter, sophomore, Caden Zeck, had a catch-and-run that resulted in another touchdown for the Kings. Brady Johnson topped off the scoring for the Kings with a fumble recovering resulting in a touchdown. Johnson ended up having three touchdowns on the night.

A big factor coming into the second half was the offensive line. They allowed for the backs to rack on yards which led to scores for the Kings. “The offensive line I thought took the game over in the second half,” said Cass Coach Jeff Phillips.

Sophomore Isaac Chambers came into the game in the second half as quarterback to relieve Casey Crozier, who struggled with an ankle injury. Head coach Jeff Phillips stated, “I thought our quarterback, Isaac Chambers, really stepped up and did a nice job running the offense”. Isaac completed 3 out of 4 passes and threw for 56 yards, including the touchdown pass to Caden Zeck. The final score of the game was 33-6.

The Kings will travel to Marion next Friday and will face No. 1 ranked Eastbrook. This will be a battle for both teams. Come out and support the Lewis Cass Kings. Kick off will be at 7:00 p.m.

1 Comment

One Response to “Kings Defeat Oracles 33-6”

1. bhamm56 on November 1st, 2017 12:31 pm

Great article Gabe! This game was really exhilarating from start to finish and I can’t thank my teammates enough for continuing to work hard. I can’t wait to battle against Eastbrook this week! Kill Panthers!

*

• Kings Defeat Oracles 33-6

Courier Top Sports Article

Purdue Baksetball Preview

• Kings Defeat Oracles 33-6

Courier Top Sports Article

Girls Swim Preview 2017

• Courier Top Sports Article

The Robotics Team’s VEXed Decision

• Kings Defeat Oracles 33-6

Courier Top Sports Article

Building a Brotherhood

• Kings Defeat Oracles 33-6

Courier Top Sports Article

Kings On the Prowl for Panthers

• Kings Defeat Oracles 33-6

Courier Top Sports Article

My First Wall-Hanger

• Kings Defeat Oracles 33-6

Courier Top Sports Article

World Series Recap and Predictions

• Kings Defeat Oracles 33-6

Courier Top Sports Article

Kings Prepare for Oracles

• Kings Defeat Oracles 33-6

Courier Top Sports Article

My Last Round

• Kings Defeat Oracles 33-6

Courier Top Sports Article

Another Great Season For the Books

Kings Defeat Oracles 33-6