Live. Laugh. Logan!

Logan and I at the Circle Centre Mall in Indianapolis

Walking into senior year, we have this tendency to find so many things important. We seniors are stressing about the AP courses we signed up for, knowing they’ll kicked our butt all year, and hear ourselves complain about them every week if not everyday. We seniors have to stress about turning in our college applications on time and apply for scholarships. So much to stress about in such a short amount of time consumes us to collapse to the environment surrounding us. What WE SENIORS don’t seem to find as important are friendships.

You cannot sit there and tell me your life is amazing without friends by your side. I know I can’t. One of the most important things to me in life would definitely be friendships. With friends there’s just so much more joy, it can be so much brighter. To me, friends are a lively bunch who just brighten up my day; they’re like our personal getaways to help make us feel less alone in the world today.I feel like friends are the ones who shape us into who we are today. They are the ones who can build up our trust, support, and even our own confidence.

Being a teenager in today’s society is anything but a little rough. It’s really rough.  Who am I kidding? Being a teenager in general is just hard. High school is the time when friends are greatly needed, it’s the time when you are learning who you are about yourself and what you go through to find that out. Good friends are the backbones of making us a better person and helping us bring back a part of ourselves we thought we lost.

I’ve been friends with Logan Price since our freshmen year at Cass. We had classes here and there with each other; however, we did not really socialize as much up until our junior year Pre Calculus class with Mrs. Swanson. Logan was basically my go to when I had no idea what was going on in that class. Yeah, Logan was pretty much my go to daily. (Oops) When you’re in a pre-college based class you find that one person who knows what is going on without a doubt. I, on the other hand, would basically ask Logan reteach me the whole lesson. It’s not that I wasn’t paying attention. It was just that I didn’t understand the teacher’s way of teaching. Irrelevant.. Anyway, this was the peak of my friendship with Logan. It started to progress more and more throughout the year which is what made me realize, where has this girl been all throughout high school?

If you were to ask Logan to describe me personally as a friend, she would tell you I’m the mom of the friend group. I most likely always have the gum in my bag, candy in my locker, water bottles in my car, a spare charger in my purse, and even my own mini first-aid kit. While Logan, on the other hand, I would tell you she’s more of the go-with-the-flow, planner type of girl. She’s not a girl who will cause an argument she practically stays out of people’s way and lets them have their own space. She’s like one of those friends that’s just kind of there when you need them. We all need that kind of friend in our life, trust me. We all need a Logan Price in our life. On the other hand, while Logan may be the setback and relax type of girl, she also portrays herself as very cautious. To vitally hold the friend group together, she would be the rope. For example, Logan would be the girl to makes sure that what someone does is safe and already know the risks of what could happen.

A couple of weeks ago Mr. Engle’s AP English and journalism classes, and even students from the drama club took a trip down to Indy to watch the ASTONISHING performance of Cabaret Poe. Walking out of the school bright eyed and bushy tailed at eight in the morning, I loaded onto that bus with not a clue in the world where to sit. Who do I see by herself? That’s right, Logan Price. So I took it upon myself to sit next to her unfortunately, she had to put up with me for the next hour and forty five minutes. (Lucky her!) People like to tell you that it’s the little things in life that make up the best memories, those people would be correct. From the time we left the school to the time we arrived at the Circle Centre Mall, Logan and I carried on these side conversations that made me realize how much I love having friends to tag along on adventures .

I am grateful for every friendship I have developed throughout my high school career and even the one’s the I am connecting my senior year. However, because it is in fact my senior year, it makes me appreciate the memories I share with people because I know not all friends will stick around forever. Especially Logan Price, I am thankful I have the opportunity to bond with someone who is open-minded about life itself.

1 Comment

One Response to “Live. Laugh. Logan!”

1. Logan Price on November 10th, 2017 10:26 am

Mads Hoff, mother hen, where do I begin? You totally surprised me with this article! You are such a caring person and I really appreciate you for the wonderful person that you are. You have a talent of putting others before yourself and this is one of the best qualities a person can have.The article opened up another outlook for me about myself that I didn’t quite recognize before and I thank you for that. I’ve cherished the memories we have made together whether it was riding a bus to see a play or spending hours helping each other with classes and such. I’m glad to have you as a friend, and I hope to make more memories with you as we finish out our senior year together!

*

• Live. Laugh. Logan!

The New iPhone X

• Live. Laugh. Logan!

Christmas Around the Corner

• Live. Laugh. Logan!

Is It Graduation Day Yet?

• Courier Top Feature

To the Person I Miss the Most

• Live. Laugh. Logan!

I’m (Almost) a Fortune Teller

• Live. Laugh. Logan!

An Open Letter to My Siblings

• Live. Laugh. Logan!

Warning of Halloween Candy

• Live. Laugh. Logan!

Camping in the Fall

• Live. Laugh. Logan!

Edgar Allan Poe

• Live. Laugh. Logan!

A Magical Birthday

Live. Laugh. Logan!