Filed under Student Life

To the Girl with a Broken Heart

I know it hurts. I know it feels as if it is never ending. I know that he hurt you. I also know that you will be okay. You will cry, you will hurt, and you will wish to feel anything other than the pain you are feeling at these times, but you have to keep it together because you will be okay. You will feel as betrayed as ever before, and it will ache and hurt like never before. You will have a broken heart, but you will be okay.

Do NOT let him define you. You are amazing and nothing that this boy has to say or do should ever affect you as much as you are letting it. I know it is easier said than done, but remaining strong is key. He will act as if he doesn’t care and he will act as if he never did, but the way you choose to handle that is all up to you. You have to choose happiness because that’s what life’s about.

One day he will want you back, he will see the mistake he made, and he will do all that he can to try and get you to give him one more chance. You think right now about how you can’t wait for that day, the day when he will “love” you again, but when that day actually comes, you will be over him, the hurt he caused you, the stress he brought to your life, and all of the mistrust that you have been made to feel.

You won’t hurt anymore and you will most likely have someone in your life that makes you feel the way you deserve to feel. You will have someone who loves you unconditionally. You will have someone who makes you happy that you and the boy who’s hurting right at this moment didn’t work out. Yes, I know it hurts right now, and it will hurt for a while, but once it stops you will look back and ask yourself, “What was I thinking?”.

You will wonder why you let him make you cry even when he didn’t deserve your tears, but you will thank him. You will thank him for pushing you away, you will thank him for hurting you, and you will thank him for breaking your heart because he wasn’t the one and he made that clear, but now because this boy broke your heart, you will have your chance at true love, you will find the man you are going to marry, and you will have true love. You will see him around and you will smile at him because if it weren’t for that boy, you wouldn’t have a great man. As I said, it hurts right now and it will for a while, but you WILL be okay.

1 Comment

One Response to “To the Girl with a Broken Heart”

1. McKayla Thompson on November 14th, 2017 8:20 am

Great article Lanie! I can’t agree anymore with what you said. Girls let boys get to them way to much. I love how you said you are still amazing, which is so true. Good job!

*

• To the Girl with a Broken Heart

Turkey Day

• To the Girl with a Broken Heart

It’s Party Time

• To the Girl with a Broken Heart

One of the biggest fears anyone can have

• To the Girl with a Broken Heart

To My Ex Best Friend

• To the Girl with a Broken Heart

A Day In My Boots

• Courier Top First Person Feature

Getting Buck Fever

• To the Girl with a Broken Heart

Not a Normal Field Trip

• Student Life

What Do You Mean I Have To Pick One?

• To the Girl with a Broken Heart

Curious In California

• Courier Top First Person Feature

Working Students

To the Girl with a Broken Heart