Filed under Student Life

How to: A Guide for Figuring Out Guys

As all girls know, high school boys are complicated. You can never tell if they’re being genuine or lying straight to your face. You don’t know what their intentions are with you. I’d like to think that after four years of dealing with them, I’ve gotten a little better at finding who is a good person and who isn’t. Here are a few of the things I believe will show who he really is and if he’s right for you.

Pay attention to how he treats the other women in his life: This factor is one of the most important. If he doesn’t treat other women right, he won’t treat you right. If he’s mean to his mom or other female friends, get out of the relationship. Always go for guys that respect all women in their lives. If he treats other women right, he will treat you right.

See who his friends are: This may not seem very important, but it is. If he surrounds himself with friends who have bad habits and are terrible people, it will impact you. His friends may drink, smoke, or treat people terribly. He may give into some of these habits with his friends. His friends may dislike you or make you uncomfortable. If he has friends that you like or friends that are always nice to you, keep him. Always go for guys who have respectful friends. On that note…

Pay attention to how he treats you around his friends: If he’s a completely different person around you than when he’s with his friends, he’s not the one. All boys will act different around you and their friends, but not all will become a completely different person. If he doesn’t want anything to do with you when he’s around his friends, get away from him. You want someone who is proud to have you around his friends. You and he should both want you to be friends with his friends.

If you don’t feel that he can be loyal to you, leave: If he has cheated on a former girlfriend, be wary. It may have been a one time mistake, but it could also be a recurring thing. In this day and age, cheating is something that has become normal. Make sure you’re with someone who thinks cheating is terrible and would never even think about it. You always want to be with someone who gives you absolutely no doubt in your mind that they will always be loyal to you.

Boys can be frustrating. They’re hard to read and are always playing games. It can be hard for us to figure out which ones are worth our time. Some are genuine and want to do everything to make you happy. Others are using you, lying to you, and waiting to drop you until the next girl comes along. It can be hard to differentiate between the two. I hope that these methods will help you decide which boys are going to treat you right and which ones don’t deserve you.