Drama Club

(left to right) Natalia Cundiff, Lindsey Richey, Abigail Drake, Delajna Zamora-Sanchez, Jordan Henry

Throughout the school, students were dressed in an array of costumes ranging from a sheriff to a dice-y looking leprechaun. If you didn’t know, they were the drama kids. This year we had a cast of 25 students. You may think that we are weird, but in my opinion, the drama kids are the most funny, talented and entertaining people I know.

Throughout the practice period, we have removed, added and revised many scenes and characters. Some people don’t know, but you can improvise a lot of your lines even on show night. For example, the night of the play, the crowd LOVED when Josey came out with his shotgun, but we had never done that on stage. Halfway through the show he ran downstairs from the prop room and said, “I’m using this,” so we all went along with it. There are multiple gags throughout the play that people didn’t even realize we made up. When they made the joke about the difference between Mrs, Mississippi and Missouri the crowd was cracking up.

Cast of Dorian and Wonderland

When I first started, 8th graders weren’t allowed to be in the play. I was the third to ever be in it with the first two being Conner and Kieran Claypool. We were doing Dorian and Wonderland where I became the Cheshire Cat and a Tulip. Everyone was very nice and helped me to do better. No one treated me like an outsider or as though I was incapable of anything. I had so much fun. I loved it!

Cast of This Old House

My second year we were doing This Old House.This time, there were a lot of other 8th graders. Now that the rule was taken down, we made up almost half the cast. Multiple seniors had quit, so we were a bit low on experience. We were doing the first musical, which is not easy. Learning not only our part, but the music, harmony, and dancing that went with it raised the challenge bar. Luckily we met it with show night being phenomenal.

Cast of Running Out of Luck

This year we did Running Out of Luck. Everyone was a grade higher, and we missed the seniors greatly, but Drama was still as boisterous as ever. We were all ecstatic to be back and planned to go out with a memorable bang. If you didn’t make it to the performance, you missed out. Whether you enjoyed seeing Conner getting repeatedly slapped, or Taylor Miles shoving her face with bread, the play was charming, clever and enthralling.

If you are looking to do something fun, silly or entertaining, you should join drama. It has allowed me to meet some of my great friends. No matter who you are, you will be treated no differently. If you are shy, you can get out of your shell. If you are already open and loud, you can express yourself and be as loud and weird as you want. To all of my Drama friends, thank you all for giving me such amazing memories.

1 Comment

One Response to “Drama Club”

1. Nehemiah Davis on December 13th, 2017 9:45 am

This was a good article. I didn’t get to go the drama play but I wanted to. I heard it was really fun.

*

• Drama Club

GTA 5 with my Brother

• Drama Club

When Should You Tell Kids About Santa

• Drama Club

The Final Straw

• Drama Club

To My Younger Sister

• Drama Club

The Long Awaited Winter Break

• Drama Club

Making a Decision

• Drama Club

The Gift of a Coach

• Drama Club

My Family Christmas Tree Experience

• Drama Club

The Season Of Winter Guard

• Drama Club

My Weekend at Wabash

Drama Club