My Weekend at Wabash

This past weekend I went to Wabash College for Scarlet Honors Weekend. This event was for students who are considering Wabash, and many students who go earn scholarships money. Students can earn money from participating in the class of their choice. I chose to do a political science class that discussed whether a refugee who was believed to be conspiring with ISIS was caught in a war  and whether he should be kept in the U.S.A in jail or be sent back to his country since no real evidence was found. The professor split the class up into two groups, and each group debated whether the refugee should be left in jail or let free. I definitely enjoyed it a lot, and it was definitely one of my favorite things of the weekend!

When I first arrived at Wabash, I went to brother’s fraternity. After hanging out with him and some of the other guys in the frat, I went to check in and get everything I needed for the weekend. The staff at Wabash helped me with all of my check-in criteria, and they also gave me a lot of Wabash items including a sock hat and socks. After checking in, I met some of the guys that were taking the same class of me, and we took a tour of the campus. During the tour, our tour guide told us many interesting facts about Wabash including that one of the main buildings on campus was built before the Civil War even started. Along with finding that interesting, I also find the many traditions of the campus interesting such as students can’t walk under any arches, or tradition says that they will fail all of their final exams.

After taking the tour, I went to the political science class, and I was amazed about how intense the class was. The professor, who is considered one of the hardest on campus, would twist all of our words, which made me very nervous to talk as I don’t enjoy feeling like a foolish idiot. When the class was over, my group went to listen to the student president give a speech about how great and awesome he believed the college was. While it was pretty interesting, I nearly fell asleep because I felt drained after the intense class.

After the president’s speech, my group attended a very fancy dinner. A company prepared a big prime rib dinner, and many people on Wabash’s staff ate with us. I sat with the director of admissions and the student president at my table. I was a little reluctant to talk as I didn’t want to say anything dumb as I do quite often. I even ate with a napkin in my lap as I rarely do, but I did because I was trying to seem fancy.

After the dinner, I went back to my brother’s fraternity, Sigma Chi, to hang out with him and some other guys in the house. Because my brother fell asleep really early, I just hung out with his roommates instead of him. Although I had to wake up at 7:30 for breakfast the next day, I stayed up until about four in the morning talking and hanging out with my brother’s roommates.

After completing the weekend, I plan on attending Wabash College as of now. I feel I’m pretty set on the college, but I’m pretty indecisive so that could change very fast. Overall, I’m glad I attended the event, and I can’t wait to go back to Wabash as soon as I can.

1 Comment

One Response to “My Weekend at Wabash”

1. Luke Hammond on December 7th, 2017 9:43 am

This is an awesome story to share with us. Im glad you got the opportunity to do this at a college you like. I thought this was a very well written article and I hope you get the scholarships you are wanting for the school.

*

• My Weekend at Wabash

GTA 5 with my Brother

• My Weekend at Wabash

When Should You Tell Kids About Santa

• My Weekend at Wabash

The Final Straw

• My Weekend at Wabash

To My Younger Sister

• My Weekend at Wabash

The Long Awaited Winter Break

• My Weekend at Wabash

Making a Decision

• My Weekend at Wabash

The Gift of a Coach

• My Weekend at Wabash

My Family Christmas Tree Experience

• My Weekend at Wabash

The Season Of Winter Guard

• My Weekend at Wabash

Drama Club

My Weekend at Wabash