Filed under Student Life

Secret Santa’s

Three weeks ago the Spanish Club picked teachers for Secret Santa here at school. Each day students do something; this could be anything from making their teacher a food or bringing them a gift. At the end of the week, a small get-together is held after school and the teachers finally have their Secret Santa revealed. I think this is a great idea by Mrs. Karmel because the students get to connect with their teaches without them even knowing. Everytime that we have delivered the food or gifts to teachers, they always get really excited. This is why I think every school should have a secret santa.

For the teachers at Lewis Cass, secret santa is all a mystery. They aren’t told who is bringing them gifts, but I’m sure some already know who their secret santa is. On day one, the students decorate doors, and if you forget then you’ll have to do it the next day as my friends and I did. I have seen many creative doors like the Elf on Mrs. Sites door, the Earth on Mrs. Densborn’s door, Rudolph in the dark on Mr. Wilson’s door, and even the ornaments on Mr. Engle’s door. My favorite one I have seen is the Elf. The gifts vary from cookies, pretzels, coffee, tea, coffee mugs, water bottles, and one odd gift: a rain gauge. Yeah, I’m sure Mr. Wilson wasn’t expecting that for a surprise gift.

Aside from that, the teachers enjoyed all the gifts they received and were very grateful. “I enjoy having a Secret Santa because it creates an excitement everyday of the week,” said Mr. Engle.

One of the things I enjoyed the most about doing the secret santa is seeing how much the teachers enjoyed what they received. A lot of people decided to participate and they even picked more than one teacher. This made sure that no teacher was left out and they all received at least something. Senior Mari Karmel said, “I enjoyed seeing the reaction of  Mr. Engle when he found out that we were his Secret Santa, and seeing how much he enjoyed the gifts we got for him because he is such a great teacher.” The third day of the week was when we had to make homemade items. A lot of people made cookies and brownies, but some brought in store bought items like candy bars or honey buns. This day was exciting for some teachers as they had some of their favorite desserts brought in to them. The fourth day was for gifts. Coffee mugs, more cookies, and other personal items were brought in. I was fortunate enough to help deliver the gifts which made me happy because I got to get out of class and I saw the reactions of a few teachers.

Overall, I thought secret santa was a big success. This year we had more teachers and more doors to decorate. Whether you gave the most extravagant gifts, or the best tasting cookies, every teacher was appreciate of what they received. The main gathering was on Friday after school, where we gave the teachers an opportunity to guess who their secret santa was. Only a few teachers guessed correctly, and others had no clue at all. The teachers were very nice when they gave their secret santa gifts.

9 Responses to “Secret Santa’s”

1. klewe90 on January 5th, 2018 10:13 am

Great article Caleb! I like how you explained each process and the unique reactions of each teacher. I too had a lot of fun doing it even though our group definitely wasn’t the most creative. Great job!

2. McKayla Ramsey on January 5th, 2018 10:50 am

I’ve always thought that the secret santa program was great! The program allows students to show how thankful they are for the teachers and everything that they do on a daily basis. You did a great job on outlining everything that went on during the week and making your statement about why every school should have a program like ours. Great article!

3. McKayla Thompson on January 5th, 2018 11:04 am

Great article Caleb Johnson! I was a part of the Secret Santa, and I thought it was a great experience. I loved decorating their doors and leaving them fun little surprises. I agree with you, I believe secret santa was an overall success!

4. Drew Cornell on January 5th, 2018 12:52 pm

Nice article, Caleb! I think Spanish Club is doing great things for the teachers this way. The teachers deserve everything we can give them. I am glad every teacher is involved in the secret santa process. I hope the program continues for years to come, and I am glad it puts a smile on everyone’s face involved!

5. Bodie St.Clair on January 5th, 2018 3:19 pm

Really great article Caleb! Sadly, this year I was not part of the secret santa, but I always love to see all of the doors decorated. Seeing how well it went this year, I will make sure that I am involved in it next year. I believe that the secret santa has always been a great program.

6. Ajack75 on January 7th, 2018 10:51 am

I definitely agree that the Secret Santa is a really great idea. As students, we are extremely blessed with such amazing teachers who dedicate so much of their time to bettering our education and I think it’s a great way to show our appreciation we have for them. I really like that no teacher is left behind as well. Great article!

7. cjoll79 on January 9th, 2018 8:25 am

Great story Caleb, I agree completely. If I was a teacher that would make my day. I think it is great that there was a lot of people who wanted to do secret santa. Once again great story.

8. Kelsey Wise on January 10th, 2018 8:08 am

Really great article! I like how you went into detail over what Secret Santa is all about and I think it is awesome that you participated in this along with the others as well. I am also glad all the teachers were included and loved their gifts. Nice article, really great!

9. Breanna Van Ness on January 11th, 2018 11:22 am

Great article Caleb. It was really good. You guys did a great job!!!🎁🎉🎊🛍💜🖤💜❤️🧡💛💚💙

*

• Secret Santa’s

Getting Shot With My Own Fear

• Student Life

Growing Up

• Secret Santa’s

And Then They Said “I Do”

• Student Life

High Heels to Toes Up

• Secret Santa’s

Collected Memories From Home

• Secret Santa’s

Cherished Memories

• Secret Santa’s

Changing over time

• Student Life

Saying Goodbye to an Inspirtationalist

• Secret Santa’s

October 2018 Playlist

• Secret Santa’s

Homecoming Week Video

Secret Santa’s