Kings’ Cast Becomes Daily

As many readers of the school newspaper know, the Kings’ Courier newspaper staff also broadcast in the Kings’ Cast. These segments are made up of all of the hardworking journalism students throughout the day. Each and every member of the staff participate in some way. These roles stretch anywhere from being on-screen personnel, having their own segments, and even being behind the scenes. Although the Kings’ Cast is awesome with the students who are featured on camera, we could never accomplish these weekly newscasts without the rendering and technical smarts of the behind the stage crew. Overall, the Kings’ Cast is taking a big step this semester and I can say we’re all excited.

Last year, the first Kings’ Cast aired all over the school. Filled with funny bloopers, nervous anchors, and not so great editing, the twenty-five-ish minute video was still the highlight of the week. Throughout the end of the school year and the beginning of this one, the segments became smoother, the editing became better, and the anchors became comfortable, but that long time and the corner of the Youtube video still remained. As a frequent video watcher and busy student, I know how awful twenty-five minute videos seem. Any project that requires watching a single video for more than ten minutes often ends with a mutual classroom groan. Although all the content in the Kings’ Casts were exciting, the number of minutes scared people away from watching it. With homework, practice, and meetings during school, few students can commit to that long of a video, so Mr. Engle came up with a new idea.

Starting new in 2018, the Kings’ Cast will now be made up of short, everyday broadcasts, and I think it’s a great idea. Each day of the broadcasts will include the announcements, birthdays, and their own special twist. Some days may include sports, while others may include the weekly weather, popular movies, athletes of the week, and highlights of jr. high students and different clubs around the school. While these are awesome features of the new broadcasts, I believe the best part is how they’re set up. Each day will consist of a group of students; for example, the Wednesday group is made up of four staff members. This gives every student the chance to be on camera or learn how to create and put together each broadcast. Viewers can now watch the broadcast all in one sitting, and it gives each viewer the opportunity to watch every broadcast, or pick and choose their favorite days of the week.

With all that being said, I can’t wait for the daily broadcasts to start. Each video will now be easier for everyone to watch, not just those who have spare time, so be sure to continue reading articles on the Kings’ Courier, and definitely, continue to watch the new and improved Kings’ cast. With everyone’s hard work, viewers get to hear “Thanks for tuning in to the Kings’ Cast,” five times a week instead of one.

7 Responses to “Kings’ Cast Becomes Daily”

1. Brady Johnson on January 24th, 2018 9:46 am

Great article! I too agree that watching 3-4 minute videos are more appealing then 20+. I like how you explained how the whole process will work, and your use of diction to describe the cast last year was to a tee. Nice job!

2. klewe90 on January 24th, 2018 11:18 am

Personally, I love the idea of them being shorter broadcasts. I have always enjoyed not only being behind the scenes but also being on camera for the KingsCast. I think this new change is a great way to get more views! Great job, Olivia!

3. Mr. Smith on January 25th, 2018 11:07 am

This is a great step forward for our students and Lewis Cass!

4. Drew Cornell on January 25th, 2018 1:54 pm

Nice article, Olivia! I am also excited to see and record the new and improved kings’ cast. I think we will get more overall viewership, and everyone will participate in the event. The news will be much more updated since we will be recording much more often than every Friday. I expect all to go well!

5. bhamm56 on February 5th, 2018 8:32 am

Thank you for informing everybody about how hard we are working each and every day! Things work so much better now with the KingsCast because we are all used to the camera time and we are all ready to go. We all work so hard and are striving for greatness.

6. kkitchel23 on February 7th, 2018 10:43 am

Great article Olivia! I believe the viewer count will start to rise now due to the fact that it is daily now. Now that the videos are shorter, the Kings Cast will look more appealing to viewers. Nice job!

7. Jordan Henry on February 7th, 2018 5:10 pm

Nice article. I like how you included all of the different types of jobs you can have in the class and how the broadcast is set up. Good job.

*

• Kings’ Cast Becomes Daily

Courier Top News Stories

Lewis Cass Schools’ Improvements

• Kings’ Cast Becomes Daily

Courier Top News Stories

IU Drunk Driver

• Courier Top News Stories

Lewis Cass Honors Parkland Victims

• Kings’ Cast Becomes Daily

Courier Top News Stories

Walk Up Not Out

• Kings’ Cast Becomes Daily

Courier Top News Stories

Marching Kings Receive Recognition

• Kings’ Cast Becomes Daily

Courier Top News Stories

Firefighter Training Class

• Courier Top News Stories

Poor Johns is BACK

• Kings’ Cast Becomes Daily

Courier Top News Stories

State Champions at Last

• Courier Top News Stories

Kings Take On America

• Kings’ Cast Becomes Daily

Courier Top News Stories

Mr. Bonnell: District 4 Middle School Principal of the Year

Kings’ Cast Becomes Daily