Filed under Student Life

You Make It Easy

“You’re my sunshine in the darkest days. My better half, my saving grace. You make me who I wanna be.” -Jason Aldean

Before meeting you, I was lost. I did not realize I was lost or that I even needed to be found, but here we are months later, and you found me. You pulled me from the dark hole that was slowly consuming me. You pulled me from the darkness, and you showed me the light. You showed me that there is more to life than what I originally thought. You showed me that I am worthy of love, care, and attention. You showed me that I could be loved and cared for. You took what I thought to be true about people and changed my entire perspective. Before meeting you, life was hard, but you make it easier.

I walked into senior year full of paranoia about the future. I have always been the type of person to come up with a plan that lists the most minute details about something. I was busy applying to Purdue and making something out of what I thought was nothing. You came into my life, and just like everything else, I tried to plan what would happen. I tried to plan around my work schedule, time with my family, and football games. My one goal for my senior year was to create memories that would last a lifetime, and thanks to you, I can say that I am one step closer to accomplishing that.

You changed me, and I could not thank you enough for that. I am no longer looking towards the future with a set plan. Yes, I still have a plan, but I know life does happen, and something will come along to mess with that. You showed me that not everything I do in life needs to have a plan. I have learned to go with the flow of things and to let life take its course. No longer do I get upset over an abrupt change. I take a deep breath and look towards what is soon to come. You changed my perspective on life. You showed me that I do not need to cower away from fate, but instead, I should embrace it.

I used to wake up every morning and stare at myself in the mirror. I used to hate what I saw, and I would do whatever I could to change that. Whatever I had to do, I tried. I did not want to be that girl in the mirror. I was tired of crying myself to sleep every night because I was so unhappy with myself. Thankfully, you came along and showed me that I was something special. You showed me that the mirror does not show everything about a person; there was so much more to me, but I was blinded by my reflection in the mirror. You opened my eyes to my potential, my worth. You embraced me even though I am strange at times, and not once has your love ever faltered.

5 Responses to “You Make It Easy”

1. Morgan Miller on February 5th, 2018 10:46 am

I really like this article. Many of us don’t realize what impact a person will have when they first come into our lives. You explained how this person helped you through things you didn’t know you needed help with. Great job!

2. Ashli Key on February 9th, 2018 8:28 am

I really love this article! You did a wonderful job at explaining how this person changed your life in many ways. A lot of people can relate to this, from having someone to have a big impact on their lives. I loved it!

3. Zach Fields on February 13th, 2018 1:08 pm

Great article Kirstyn. I’m glad you found someone that makes you happy. I like the way you wrote this article.

4. Kelsey Wise on February 20th, 2018 9:26 am

Really great article. We all have that one person we run to for comfort and I like how you explained this persona and how much they mean to you and how they push you to reach your goals.

5. Josie Woolever on March 8th, 2018 1:20 pm

I absolutely loved this! I feel like a lot of high schoolers who are in relationships can relate to this article. I know I can at least. I really loved this! Great job!

*

• Student Life

An Open Letter to the Upcoming Juniors

• You Make It Easy

Saying Goodbye To Bauer

• You Make It Easy

Goodbye For Now, My Best Friend

• Student Life

Slang Translator

• You Make It Easy

Rosemary Todd Award Winner

• You Make It Easy

Michaela Pullen loves being an RA at Ball State

• You Make It Easy

Sorting Marbles

• You Make It Easy

Alexander for County Council

• You Make It Easy

Noodle Arms

• You Make It Easy

“The Time Traveler”

You Make It Easy