Filed under A&E

My Favorite Literary Experience

Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25

Michael Vey The Prison of Cell 25

Michael Vey The Prison of Cell 25

At the beginning of Prisoner of Cell 25, the setting is similar to any other high school, but that changes when Jack Vranes came along and started bullying kids weaker than him. Michael Vey, a student at Meridian High School in Idaho, Indiana, is keeping a secret from everyone else, and he is eventually pressured into showing four other teenagers what that secret is.

Close to the beginning of the story, Michael Vey is sent to the office because he got shoved into his locker by Jack. The principal is keen on punishing the victim because he sees it by the victim could fight back and not get shoved into a trash can, get thrown into a locker, or get “pantsed.” Michael knows he punishes the victim because he saw multiple people go down to the office because of Jack bullying everyone. Michael was filled with dread when he saw the expression on his face.

Michael ended up getting detention for four weeks because he wouldn’t tell Mr. Dallstum that Jack was the one who put him in his locker. Leaving the school, Jack jumped Michael and said, “You told Mr. Dallstum that we were the ones who put you in your locker didn’t you?” Michael ended up telling him the truth, but Jack didn’t believe Michael, so Jack, Wade, and Michelle tried “pantsing” Michael; then Taylor Ridley walks out of the gym and sees them and starts yelling at Jack and his goons. The bullies didn’t pay attention to her and kept on pantsing Michael, but Michael had enough and showed his secret to them. Out of nowhere a loud snap pierced the air and Michael got up and looked at the bullies on the ground shaking. Michael’s secret is he can electrocute people without rubbing his feet on carpet or have a taser.

After glaring at the bullies, Michael remembered Taylor, hoping she had gone back inside. When Michael looked over to where she was standing, he saw that she didn’t go anywhere and had just stared at him in complete shock. Michael took off running to his apartment until he was there. The next day Taylor kept on passing him notes in clas. He agreed to talk to her after school at her house. When Michael and Taylor got to her house, they tell each other about their powers. Taylor can read minds and make people forget what they were talking about.

This book has taught me that even when you are smaller than someone, you can always come on top someway or another. It also taught me that everyone has some kind of story, and that if you give them the right reason, they might be willing to share. If you aren’t ready for something, you will never succeed. If you don’t try to succeed or do something with your life, nothing would ever happen to make your life a success. Don’t judge a book by it’s cover because it might come back and bite you in the butt.

1 Comment

One Response to “My Favorite Literary Experience”

1. Zach Fields on March 1st, 2018 1:02 pm

Great article Cole! This book sounds interesting. I like the way you explained the main things that happens in the story. You should never judge a book by it’s cover.

*

• A&E

Grim

• My Favorite Literary Experience

A&E

“Brave New World”

• My Favorite Literary Experience

A&E

“The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn”

• My Favorite Literary Experience

A&E

Satire in “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn”

• My Favorite Literary Experience

A&E

Lucifer

• A&E

Weird Al Concert Review Accordion To Me

• My Favorite Literary Experience

A&E

Michael Vey: Hunt for Jade Dragon

• My Favorite Literary Experience

A&E

Michael Vey: Battle of The Ampere

• A&E

Defeat

• A&E

My Sister’s Keeper

My Favorite Literary Experience