Excitement for the Future

As the last nine weeks of the school year has already begun, high school for seniors is quicking coming to an end. At the beginning of the year, I thought I’d be a nervous wreck at this point to be leaving life as I know it behind and moving to a new place with new people and a new lifestyle. However, as graduation approaches, I couldn’t be more excited to start the next chapter of my life at my dream college! Although I’ve visited my future college, Lewis University, a couple of times, something was different about my visit yesterday. It felt as if I belonged there.

I arrived at Lewis yesterday morning for the “Future Flyer Celebration,” which is basically an opportunity for incoming freshmen to ask questions, learn more about Lewis, and seal the deal on making the final decision to become a student at Lewis. Although I already know for sure that I’m going to college at Lewis to run and major in education, I needed to go to the celebration because I had a lot of unanswered questions about things like when and how to make payments, what types of activities Lewis offers for students to join, and how and when to choose which housing building I’m going to stay in along with finding a roommate. Lucky for me, I came a solution for all my unanswered questions and I even had the opportunity to eat with a former education major who answered all of my questions about what majoring in education and becoming a teacher consists of.

Although I gained a lot of new information about Lewis, there was a lot more to my visit than just the information that was provided. Being the third time I’ve been there, it felt much different than the previous two times. The previous two times I felt nervous and doubtful about moving to a different state to a college where I don’t know a single person. However, yesterday I felt as though I belonged there, and although I don’t know my future classmates personally, I felt very comfortable around them all. After looking around and seeing hundreds of people there with their parents, I came to the realization that all of those people are in the same shoes as me. They’re about to leave the life they’re comfortable living and take the next step to becoming successful, just like me.

After visiting Lewis again yesterday, I am much more confident and overjoyed with excitement to be a Flyer and pursue my dreams. I couldn’t be more excited to find out where this amazing journey leads me and to start the next chapter of my life. Although I am going to enjoy my last couple months of high school and have a blast, I won’t be sad when it’s all over. I will be blessed I was given such an amazing high school to attend and group of people to support myself with for the last twelve years, and I will be anxious and excited to take the next step and meet a new group of people to surround myself with.

3 Responses to “Excitement for the Future”

1. Morgan Miller on March 22nd, 2018 9:51 pm

It’s great that you feel so welcome and at home at your future school! This year is ending very quickly, and I think many seniors are excited to start this new chapter of our lives. Great article!

2. Delanie Deeter on March 23rd, 2018 1:50 pm

Honestly I’m beyond excited for you to start this new journey! You’ve worked so hard and I’m so ready to watch it all pay off for you. It’s awesome that you found a university to call home for the next four years. I wish you nothing but the best. Good job Lex!

3. Holly Widner on April 10th, 2018 8:43 am

I’m so glad that you found the place you feel confident in. I like how you explained how you were nervous about the new journey but overcame the nerves and felt overjoyed. Good luck next year! We will all be cheering for you! Great article.

*

• Excitement for the Future

Weekend at Wabash

• Excitement for the Future

All Hail Purdue!

• Excitement for the Future

To the One Who Took Away My Darkness

• Excitement for the Future

Adios Indian Shores

• Excitement for the Future

The Story of Julie Byrd

• Excitement for the Future

Grow From Defeat

• Excitement for the Future

Now Hiring

• Excitement for the Future

Saying Goodbye to our Senior Cheerleaders

• Excitement for the Future

John Boucher: A Swimming Prodigy

• Excitement for the Future

An Inside Look

Excitement for the Future