Who Wore it Best?

“A touch of class” was the motto for the 2018 Lewis Cass prom. Printed on tickets, photo booth strips, and even used as instagram captions, this statement captured the student body perfectly last weekend. Lewis Cass was Lewis Class. Because some of the looks were too good not to see twice, I asked the student body to vote on who they thought wore it best. This week I sent out a Google Form to over a hundred Lewis Cass students who attended or spotted some pictures of prom on social media. The form asked one simple question, who wore it best? Students were allowed to vote for one person only. This individual could be male or female, and the only criteria was that they went to prom. The results of the student body vote are as follows:

#1

With an overwhelming amount of votes, Mr. Wilson took first place. While we don’t have a picture of the famed history teacher, we do have a previous picture to spark the imagination. For anyone who didn’t attend prom to see it, just imagine the picture below in a tuxedo. Mr. Wilson is pictured in the middle.

#2

Next on the list is senior Sarah Walker. Spotted in this two-piece, light pink dress, Sarah won the second highest number of votes among the student body. Sarah was a member of the 2018. prom court and she told the Kings’ Courier that she bought her dress from Raelynn’s.

#3

Our next winner is Reece Rodabaugh. This year, patterns were totally in and Reece took third place wearing this polka dot jacket, white pants, white bow tie, and grey shirt underneath. Reece is posing here in someone’s backyard with someone’s cat.

#4

Next on the list is senior Lauren McLeland. Lauren caught everyone’s attention in her black, lace top dress. While her dress was beautiful, Lauren added a touch of lavender to spice up the outfit and add a pop of color.

#5

Coming in 5th place is senior, Noah Miller. Noah is shown here wearing a black suit with a lavender bow tie. Noah is known for adding pattern to his outfits, so it’s not a big shocker that he has paisleys on the bow tie. As you can see, Noah is spotted wearing a touch of purple, as he went to prom with our #4 winner. Noah is pictured on the left side.

#6

Senior, Mari Karmel won the #6 spot in her head to toe sparkling dress. Here, Mari is seen wearing a fitted, blue gown with multi-colored beads in a draped pattern throughout the top of the dress. Mari was also a member of the prom court.

#7

Coming in 7th place is senior, McKayla Ramsey. McKayla is the second girl in blue that is featured on this list. Mari and McKayla have similar dresses, but a totally different look as McKayla is sporting a strapless top.

#8

Megan Dishon, one of our very own Courier members made the top 10 in her pretty green dress. While the dress was beautiful, the color drew the attention of the voters!

#9

Senior, Sergio Gonzalez came in at 9th place with a pop of bright blue and a white jacket. Sergio is wearing the same color as Mari Karmel, our 6th place winner, who happened to be his date!

#10

Finally, probably the best gymnast to ever walk the halls of Lewis Cass, Roland Trusty, finished the competition in 10th place. Roland really landed on his feet with this one as he wore a black tux and a light blue bow tie.

2 Responses to “Who Wore it Best?”

1. Mari Karmel on May 10th, 2018 8:42 am

I love seeing all the different dresses and suits again! In the chaos of prom day sometimes I miss some people’s outfits so I’m glad you put this on! Everyone looked great!

2. hvest95 on May 10th, 2018 8:48 am

Great article Olivia! It was a great idea to make an article showcasing all of the best looks around the school at prom! In my opinion Trusty should have been number one, but this is still a good overall article. Good job!

*

• Who Wore it Best?

Everyday Customer

• Who Wore it Best?

Michaela Pullen loves being an RA at Ball State

• Who Wore it Best?

Senior Reality Day

• Who Wore it Best?

Harley Davidson: A True American Legacy

• Who Wore it Best?

Teaching the U.S

• Who Wore it Best?

Surprise!

• Who Wore it Best?

Indiana Gas Prices On the Uprise Once AGAIN

• Who Wore it Best?

2019 Kings’ Cast

• Who Wore it Best?

Autism Awareness Month

• Who Wore it Best?

Pathology in the Hundred Acre Wood

Who Wore it Best?