Filed under Student Life

“The Time Traveler”

When a group of students, myself included, agreed to help Mr. Alexander, we had no idea what we were getting into. We talked to many people throughout the day. Many of them were nice and listened to us talk about why Mr. Alexander should have his or her vote. Others kindly denied our information and proceeded into the voting building. But when I heard “A homosapien isn’t a homosapien if he doesn’t have a canine, but just because one has canines doesn’t mean they are a homosapien,” I knew this person was about to be different.

Slowly we all turned around to see an older aged man standing beside us. Each of us looked at each other in confusion and all said, “Yeah, I think you’re right.” His facial expression changed, now looking surprised. “Oh, so you guys agree with me?” he said. Not knowing what we were getting ourselves into, CJ replied quickly with, “Yeah that seems to make sense.” He just stood there with a weird look on his face, surprised that we had agreed with his wild statement. He then quickly changed the subject. This is where things got a little wild

“When I was seven, my dream was to rule the world. And when I was twenty-seven I achieved that dream.” We all looked at each other in mass confusion.

“You ruled the world?” Caleb said.

“Yeah, I lived out on the out on the west coast for a year and ruled the world,” he said.

“Well if you ruled the world, then what is your name, maybe we have heard of you,” Zach asked. “I think it’s better off if you don’t know my name,” he replied. “Alright, well, have you done anything else interesting,” I asked. This was the perfect question to ask him.

“I’ve time traveled before, it’s wasn’t really that fun.” We all just stopped and looked at him. “Wait you have time traveled?” I asked. “Oh yeah. I’ve time traveled and also I’ve been to alternate dimensions.” Pretty much all of us had lost him at this point. “What made the time travel not fun though?” asked CJ. “You don’t even get to see anything new. The people are the same in the past as they were,” he responded. “Wow,” that was all I had to say. “I stayed in 1947 for four years once. It felt like the same day over and over. Kinda like in the movie Groundhog Day.” At this point he was just rambling. Caleb and CJ said he finally said his name when Zach and I went to hand out more flyers.

All in all the day was very interesting. The Time Traveler  gave us a little time to escape reality and mess around for a little bit. He talked to us for around 45 minutes to an hour. During that time we took a little break from handing out flyers and “got to know,” a potential voter, Even though he was a Libertarian and not a Republican.