Time Management

I wake up for school at 6 a.m. to hopefully be on time for the bus at 6:40. Once I’m at school, I take notes, work, study, and try to finish all my homework. After school I have 2-3 hour long cheer practices or football/basketball games. If swimming is in season, then that’s added to the mix as well. Oh, and I can’t forget about travel softball. Maybe, I have an extracurricular activity to attend as well. I also have that World History project due tomorrow. I’m sure many students can relate to my situation. Because of this, I assume they struggle with time management and procrastination.

Something I hear time and time again is “Don’t procrastinate!”. Although this phrase is annoying and overused, it is so very true. Don’t shove the thought of doing homework to the back of your brain. This may result in forgetting about it; this would cause way more problems than missing Shane Dawson’s latest video. My advice: do homework throughout the school day. At any time given, instead of watching Youtube videos or playing games, spend it doing work. Students will be relieved to know that once they get home from a long day of school, sports, and extracurricular activities, they can just take a shower and chill out and not have to do homework.

Another way to manage time is to be more organized and efficient. Writing down tasks needed to be done for the day is a great way to stay organized. I suggest using an academic planner. This will minimize wasted time of thinking about what needs to be done resulting in immediate productivity. Also, by keeping all homework in the same place, such as a folder or notebook, students can pull it out and start working with ease. Working efficiently is very important too. Think which is the most quickest, easiest, and logical way to do homework. If on the go, it may need to be done in the car or bus.

When students are already so busy, they should avoid distractions. While doing homework, phones should be put away. If not, students could potentially focus on their phone instead of their homework. If that were to happen, it could cause a lot of stress and concern. To stay on task, studying and working should be in a quiet place where friends won’t distract you; music may help with this. In my experience, music helps me stay focused and motivated on my schoolwork.

In the long run, time management has many important benefits. It will decrease stress, increase more personal time, maintain good grades, and will help students in their future. Time management is a necessary skill for everyday life. If students start developing this skill now, they will be very grateful it comes easy to them when they have a career and family. Success will be easy to achieve with good time management skills, and there will be more time for friends and family.

5 Responses to “Time Management”

1. Heather Plauschin on August 29th, 2018 8:24 pm

Great job, Fred! I’m proud of you!

2. Clara Licklider on August 30th, 2018 12:19 pm

I really need to follow these rules in this essay. You did such a good job at writing this and expressing the importances of homework time. I loved all the supporting details you put into this article and how you really help the reader how to succeed in time management. Keep up the good work!

3. Caleb Johnson on August 31st, 2018 8:15 am

Nice Article! I like how you described what you can do to get all your work done during the day. A lot of procrastination still seems to happen in the beginning of school though. Anyways, you did a great job of explaining time management!

4. Katelyn Schreckenghaust on September 4th, 2018 7:58 am

I liked how you explained different ways to stay focused on homework and not be distracted by phones or friends. I agree that time management is a good skill to have, especially in high school. Great article!

5. Bella Panmei on September 10th, 2018 12:58 pm

This is so relatable! I do procrastinate sometimes but other times when I get everything done during school I feel so relieved when I get home. This is a great story and can not wait for more.

*

• Time Management

Courier Top Opinion Article

Coping With Heartbreak

• Time Management

Courier Top Opinion Article

My Parents: My Best Friends

• Time Management

Showcase

Advertiser of the Week

• A&E

Invictus

• Time Management

Living in the Moment

• Time Management

Sports

IU Spirit Day

• Time Management

Sports

Boys Tennis Takes 4th in Hoosier Conference Play

• Time Management

News

Lanterns For Life

• Time Management

Opinion

Are We Waking Up Too Early?

• Time Management

Opinion

A New Building

Time Management