Filed under Opinion

Cherishing Life

In honor of Gabriella Rodriguez

Everyday we get out of our beds and every night we get in them should be considered a blessing. We all take this concept for granted. We just live day- to- day not thinking of all the blessings we encounter in one day until something happens that counteract with this ideal world.

On September 10, 2018, Gabriella Rodriguez, a 15 year old student at Western Hill in Cincinnati, passed away after coming in contact with a car. Having a normal morning as she walked to get on the bus, she was hit by a car. After stumbling to get up, she got hit by another car. She was then rushed to University of Cincinnati Medical Center where she later died. The police have not yet to find the person that hit her but they are still on the search.

Before she passed away, she had led a group of girls that convinced their school administration to get a better softball field. The principal of the school gave in knowing how good their team was. Their school received new everything for the softball field including a new fence around it. However, Gabriella will never get to play on this new field. When she had passed away, her peers had spelled out her name really big on the new fence to honor her.

The students at Western Hill wanted to honor Rodriguez and give her the respect she deserves. On September 11, the students gathered by the softball field to have a candlelight vigil to show their love for her.  Weeping in tears, they sent their love and their final goodbye. One of Rodriguez friend’s Jaden Moser is heartbroken and will forever remember her friend. She attended the candlelight vigil; “There were more people there than I ever expected. I know she had a lot of friends, but she really did impact a lot of people,” said Jaden.

Many students were affected by this tragic accident. Her friends and family will forever love and remember her. I think it is such a great thing that all the students came together to show their love and support. Keep her family in your prayers as they go through this rough time. Remember to count each and every day as a blessing because you don’t know when it will be taken away. You will forever be remembered Gabriella Rodriguez.

1 Comment

One Response to “Cherishing Life”

1. Ashli Key on September 20th, 2018 12:20 pm

Wow! This article was a wonderful tribute to this young girl. I could tell you put your heart into this article to show people that anything can happen at any given moment. This accident is very emotional and sometimes hard to talk about, but you did and that is a great thing. You helped others know about Gabriella. You did a great job and I will pray for her and her family!

*

• Cherishing Life

Opinion

Are We Waking Up Too Early?

• Cherishing Life

Opinion

A New Building

• Cherishing Life

Opinion

Can We Prevent Gun Violence?

• Cherishing Life

Courier Top News Stories

John McCain: An American Hero Laid to Rest

• Cherishing Life

Courier Top Opinion Article

Time Management

• Cherishing Life

Opinion

Not Enough Time for Homework?

• Cherishing Life

Courier Top Opinion Article

Coping With Heartbreak

• Opinion

Packing for Summer Vacation… NOT!

• Cherishing Life

Opinion

Ready Player One

• Cherishing Life

Opinion

Ball State Trip Puts Lewis Cass In Perspective

Cherishing Life