A game that will never be forgotten

Zac+Margo+his+sophomore+year+driving+to+the+lane++and+finishing+the+basket.+%0A
Zac Margo his sophomore year driving to the lane  and finishing the basket.

Zac Margo his sophomore year driving to the lane and finishing the basket.

Zac Margo his sophomore year driving to the lane and finishing the basket.

Last weekend my AAU basketball team had a tournament Plymouth, Indiana. The tournament we played in was called The Zac Mago Memorial Shootout. My friend Caleb Girdley said, “It was for a really great cause because not only did we remember him, we played for him and his family, and I am honored and the team should be honored to play in the tournament.” While we played in the tournament, we got a chance to meet his family.

It was the first game on a Saturday morning my team Brownsburg Basketball Club played at 10. We were up at the half 36-35 just getting ready to start the second half. We won the first game by four points and we had to wait to play at 1:30 P.M. While we waited, we had to wait for everyone to get done because of a memorial was taking place before the next set of games started.

We went on to win our next two games and advanced to the championship game against John Glenn Falcons 9th and 10th grade team. When we got to the court, we sat our bags down and went to warm up. When the time on the clock ran out for warm ups, we went to go sit on the bench. We were sitting on the bench for them to announce us. When they started to announce us and they got to the Falcons and said, “We lost a really great kid one who loved the sport of basketball and would do anything to play basketball with anyone.”

After the announcer  said that, we started playing the game and we had the ball to start with a 10 point lead at the end of the first half. They started to make a come back in the second half; it came down to the last minute of the game; it was 45-47 my team up two. They got the ball and ran down the clock to shoot a three with about 15 seconds left and made it. So we hurried up pushed the ball up the court and got the lay up which made the score 48-49. There were five seconds left their ball and we pressed them and the clock stroke zero seconds left.

After the game we all received  these t-shirts. The shirts were all black in the top left corner there was a heart with a white number five. On the back there was a picture of him with “you will be missed.”When I home I did some research on how he passed away, I looked him up and it showed me videos of his junior highlights and then I saw  this video from WNDU news channel from his fellow classmates and they stated this: “ We offer our thoughts and prayers to his family and he was outstanding young man and was the perfect example of being a John Glenn Falcon.”

8 Responses to “A game that will never be forgotten”

1. Luke Chambers on September 25th, 2018 10:19 pm

Great article about a good guy who will be missed.

2. Dixon Collins on September 26th, 2018 12:07 pm

It sounds like you had a great time playing this past weekend. I’m glad you’re enjoying your travel team. I like how you explained how close it was throughout the game. Great article!

3. Dylan Fye on September 27th, 2018 1:23 pm

Great way on explaining how your team did and how we can still remember Caleb to this day and his family was honored that you guys played for him.

4. Montez Burns on September 27th, 2018 1:32 pm

i will be keeping him in my thoughts

5. Jack MIller on September 28th, 2018 1:24 pm

I really like how you told me how your team did but that didnt take away from the actual story of the guy how died.I loved the way ou write it you made me feel many emotions.

6. Keaton Lewellen on September 28th, 2018 1:28 pm

Great article! This was good, because it states you stated how good your team did and explained about what the tournament was for.

7. Jasmine on September 28th, 2018 1:38 pm

I enjoyed reading this article!

8. Jack Salyers on October 1st, 2018 12:27 pm

Great article Robert! I really like how you described the games that you played in. I also like how you talked about what your team did in close situations. Keep up the great writing.

• Courier Top Sports Article

Boys Tennis Sectional Draw

• A game that will never be forgotten

Courier Top Sports Article

Fantasy Football is Upon us!

• A game that will never be forgotten

Courier Top Sports Article

Upcoming Wrestling Season

• A game that will never be forgotten

Courier Top Sports Article

Why do students participate in sports?

• A game that will never be forgotten

Courier Top Sports Article

Kings Football Preview for 2018 Season

• A game that will never be forgotten

Courier Top Sports Article

Lewis Cass Men’s XC Preview

• A game that will never be forgotten

Courier Top Sports Article

Boys tennis ready for the Berries!

• A game that will never be forgotten