Filed under Student Life

Cherished Memories

A photo can hold many unspoken memories. The photo might be a reminder of a fun trip or a sad experience. Pictures all have different circumstances, and people can feel nostalgic or upset when looking at a photo depending on what it portrays. A certain photo that comes to mind reminds me of a happy time in my life, and I cherish the memories made.

When my siblings and I were younger, our mom took numerous pictures of us. One picture that holds a special place in my memories is a picture of all of us kids. We were all at Kokomo Beach, and we were smiling towards the camera while we held onto the edge of the pool. My mom was the person behind the camera, and she was capturing a memory of her children bonding. In the picture, my oldest brother is holding my little sister in the far left, my other brother is in the middle, and I am to the far right. We were all enjoying the warm weather while spending time together. Swimming at Kokomo Beach was an activity that we all loved to do during the summer. My mom captured a photo that really shows the happiness we all felt and the love we had for each other. This photo may look like an ordinary photo to anyone else but rather reminds me of how great of a family I have.

As the photo was taken, I was having a lot of fun. However, the thoughts filling my head probably consisted of questioning why my mom was taking so many pictures. As a kid, I used to think my mom took way too many pictures. I used to wonder why she interrupted our playing to snap a silly photo. Couldn’t she wait? Now that I’m older, I’m extremely grateful that she took so many pictures. These pictures give me a chance to revisit my memories of bonding with my brothers and sister. I couldn’t imagine life without my siblings with me.

As we all grow up, I realize how fast time has gone. Both of my brothers are now in college, and my oldest brother moved out a few years ago. We all spend time together when we can, but everyone has a busy and stressful schedule. I miss the days when we didn’t have a care in the world. We didn’t worry about school, finances, or other events that occupied our time. All we cared about was what we were going to do together the next day. I miss those times because I made so many memories with my family. As children, we took these times for granted. I think I can speak for all of my siblings when I say that I wish I could go swimming at Kokomo Beach rather than study for my next big test. I still continue to make memories with my brothers and sister any chance I get, but getting together is more difficult than it used to be. I can’t go back in time, but I can cherish the memories we have forever.

1 Comment

One Response to “Cherished Memories”

1. Lauren Hileman on October 5th, 2018 8:28 am

This is a very good article! I can totally agree that there are a few pictures of times I would love to go back for a bit. I try to cherish my family while I have them. Nice job Katelyn

*

• Student Life

Diamond This Diamond That

• Student Life

Hold Your Horses!

• Cherished Memories

It’s all about the drive!

• Cherished Memories

Don’t Boo, Vote!

• Cherished Memories

Thanksgiving Traditions with a Twist

• Cherished Memories

Experiencing My First Concert

• Cherished Memories

Corn Bites?

• Cherished Memories

Aviation

• Cherished Memories

Fall Break With My Go To’s

• Cherished Memories

Finding New Friends During Fall Break

Cherished Memories