Filed under Features

Kevin Sprinkle

Recently my family decided to take our next steps with our church. And as funny as it seems, the main church, Crossroads Community Church, elected to start another location or campus on the north side of Kokomo.

There are many challenges that come with starting a new business, store, and in this case a church. One of the issues was finding a pastor. When I met the new pastor, I thought, “Wow this guy is pretty cool!” So, writing this article has been on the back burner of my mind for a while now.

I was talking with him about how he came to ministry and he said, “I had been involved with ministry for a lot of years in different capacities so I was always doing it [ministry] in what you would a late person’s role, which is ministry part time and having a full time job.” Something else he said later on when answering my question is that he would use his lunch hours during the week to minister to young people. That amazes me that in a world full of self centered people someone would do that for a kid.

Another question I had for him was what led him to Crossroads Community Church? He said, “I had been involved with crossroads through events in the community and so we had known each other through that and when they announced they were going to be starting up a north campus they asked me to preach.” Oh and, he didn’t even go to Crossroads Community Church! That is how special they thought Kevin was.

“The best part about my job is if you think about a dream job, If you were paid to play baseball or paid to football or if you were in band and paid to play in band or if you loved to cook and got paid to do that, well for me the best part is I’m being paid to something that I love to do, and am designed for its like doing a dream job and getting paid for it too.”

I could agree it would be very cool to do your dream job and get paid as well. I mean that is the “American dream” right, To do what you love and get paid for it, have a wife and 2.5 children with house and a white picket fence?

“the most difficult part is finding the balance, in my own life and my own time and my own family and making sure that I am taking care of those aspects so that I am healthy not just physically but also mentally and relationally healthy and so it is just finding the balance, because you never clock out of being in ministry so you have to find your boundaries for that.”

I personally think that being a pastor might be one of the hardest jobs to do. Just think pastors pretty much never have a weekend to themselves. Can you imagine not being able to go on a long vacation. Wow that is rough!

All in all I think that Kevin Sprinkle is a great guy, I also think that he will do wonderful things for Crossroads community church north campus and continue to do great things for the community of Kokomo

1 Comment

One Response to “Kevin Sprinkle”

1. Caleb Johnson on October 9th, 2018 7:50 am

Nice article! I thought it was interesting how you described Mr. Sprinkle’s job. He seems to enjoy it most of the time, as he even takes lunch breaks to minister to younger kids. Once again great story!

*

Kevin Sprinkle