Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived

Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived

Early in the 80's, the Lewis Cass pep club was huge!

When I think of Friday night lights, I think of football, my friends, and the pep club. This school year our pep club has been revived and is gaining size every week. In the beginning, we had a school-wide convocation which brought out a lot of students. This brought the hope of a huge student section. That Friday we had a great number of kids show up for the game. Since then we’ve expanded and made the student section as big and loud as we can. I think the pep club is important not only to the players but the students and school as well.

At football games in 2016, I remember our student section having a great voice. We had an excellent paint crew and students who showed up to every game. Our football and basketball teams appreciated their support, and it even helped them win sometimes. Now that we’re in the new season, our pep club has grown to be one of the best pep clubs ever at Lewis Cass. Sam Miller, a leader of the pep club, has taken initiative in making the pep club great again. He went to the school board and brought out the idea of a new and improved pep club. From there the pep club has introduced the idea that if a student buys a t-shirt, they can get into any athletic event for free. It’s a great idea because everyone can get in free and they get a new shirt all in one.  Aside from merchandise, the pep club has continued the idea of theme nights for football. Themes such as neon, fraternity, and Hawaiian have been popular.

“I was inspired to start pep club after I went to football and basketball games last season. I was disappointed by the attendance. This year I believe we have improved and maintained better attendance during home games thus far,” said Sam Miller, leader of the pep club. He has done an exceptional job at boosting the pep club’s enthusiasm and overall numbers. Over the past few games, we’ve had a pleasant amount of fans show up. I credit the pep club’s social media presence with the fact that the Instagram account has 200 plus followers, and the Twitter account has over 100 followers. Both social media accounts post updates regarding the pep club including but not limited to themes for games, senior highlights, and other seasonal sports.

The pep club brings the student body together. Sam said, “I believe the pep section not only creates a fun atmosphere for the students involved but rewards and shows appreciation for the student-athletes.” He hopes to have the pep club present at most of the sporting events that are at home. This would be beneficial as some other sports don’t have as much attendance. With an enthusiastic crowd I’m sure everyone would be happy. Over the years each student section in the stands has been intensely enthusiastic. The chants and school song we sing goes along with our school spirit. I think the new and improved pep club has and will continue to make its mark on Lewis Cass.

9 Responses to “Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived”

1. Ashli Key on October 11th, 2018 11:20 am

Great article. One thing I will remember when i graduate is the pep club, and the way you described it was perfect. It is a big part of high school and leaves an everlasting memory. Amazing article. I think we can all agree with you!

2. Dixon on October 11th, 2018 11:30 am

The Pep Club is great to have around to entertain and cheer on our school and sports. I’m glad it’s becoming popular again and I hope it keeps growing each year. I like how you explained how social media has brought everyone together. Great article!

3. Clara Licklider on October 11th, 2018 12:12 pm

I love this article. Every time I go to a football game the pep club is always right there cheering on everyone and making the student section very enjoyable. This article talks about those things and illustrates it very well. Good job and keep up the good writing!

4. McKayla Thompson on October 22nd, 2018 11:17 am

Great article Caleb! I think pep club is such a great idea for our school. I think it makes a positive impact on our school by enforcing students to cheer on the sporting events. As a cheerleader, I love to see the student section grow in number and support the team. I really enjoyed reading this article.

5. Lauren Hileman on October 22nd, 2018 11:18 pm

Nicely put Caleb. I was not aware of the pep club in the picture until now. I was interested in seeing where this pep club would lead. Nowhere to go but up with the growing pep club. Good job!

6. Josie Woolever on October 29th, 2018 10:45 am

Great article! I think the pep club has really helped our numbers in the student section this year. I hope this continues to be the case for years to come. I’m sad that I won’t get to be apart of pep club more than my senior year, but I’ll be glad to see what it does and hear about in years to come from my younger siblings.

7. Jack Salyers on October 30th, 2018 12:08 pm

Great Story Caleb! I enjoyed reading this essay about the Pep Club because it’s great to have around school and the club always makes Friday nights better. Keep up the amazing work.

8. Brooklynn Fye on October 30th, 2018 3:41 pm

Great Article! Great job explaining how the student body is rebuilding after so many years of falling apart. I cannot wait to see how large we make the pep club within the next few years.

9. Keenan Appleton on October 31st, 2018 1:56 pm

Awesome Article Caleb! Interviewing Sam was a great Idea. I loved the basic Idea of reviving the Pep Club from the very start, and to interview the person who actually did revive the club is intriguing to me. Once again, great article!

*

• Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived

One Last Go Around

• Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived

Coach Groff joins the Lewis Cass Basketball Staff!

• Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived

“The Great Christmas Light Fight”

• Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived

Happy Earth, Happy Christmas

• Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived

First Time in a Long Time

• Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived

Applying to College

• Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived

Veteran’s Day

• Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived

Red Ribbon Week Pep Session

• Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived

Caught up in addictions

• Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived

Sleepin’ Joe vs Chinaman Braun

Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived