Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived

Early in the 80's, the Lewis Cass pep club was huge!

When I think of Friday night lights, I think of football, my friends, and the pep club. This school year our pep club has been revived and is gaining size every week. In the beginning, we had a school-wide convocation which brought out a lot of students. This brought the hope of a huge student section. That Friday we had a great number of kids show up for the game. Since then we’ve expanded and made the student section as big and loud as we can. I think the pep club is important not only to the players but the students and school as well.

At football games in 2016, I remember our student section having a great voice. We had an excellent paint crew and students who showed up to every game. Our football and basketball teams appreciated their support, and it even helped them win sometimes. Now that we’re in the new season, our pep club has grown to be one of the best pep clubs ever at Lewis Cass. Sam Miller, a leader of the pep club, has taken initiative in making the pep club great again. He went to the school board and brought out the idea of a new and improved pep club. From there the pep club has introduced the idea that if a student buys a t-shirt, they can get into any athletic event for free. It’s a great idea because everyone can get in free and they get a new shirt all in one.  Aside from merchandise, the pep club has continued the idea of theme nights for football. Themes such as neon, fraternity, and Hawaiian have been popular.

“I was inspired to start pep club after I went to football and basketball games last season. I was disappointed by the attendance. This year I believe we have improved and maintained better attendance during home games thus far,” said Sam Miller, leader of the pep club. He has done an exceptional job at boosting the pep club’s enthusiasm and overall numbers. Over the past few games, we’ve had a pleasant amount of fans show up. I credit the pep club’s social media presence with the fact that the Instagram account has 200 plus followers, and the Twitter account has over 100 followers. Both social media accounts post updates regarding the pep club including but not limited to themes for games, senior highlights, and other seasonal sports.

The pep club brings the student body together. Sam said, “I believe the pep section not only creates a fun atmosphere for the students involved but rewards and shows appreciation for the student-athletes.” He hopes to have the pep club present at most of the sporting events that are at home. This would be beneficial as some other sports don’t have as much attendance. With an enthusiastic crowd I’m sure everyone would be happy. Over the years each student section in the stands has been intensely enthusiastic. The chants and school song we sing goes along with our school spirit. I think the new and improved pep club has and will continue to make its mark on Lewis Cass.

3 Responses to “Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived”

1. Ashli Key on October 11th, 2018 11:20 am

Great article. One thing I will remember when i graduate is the pep club, and the way you described it was perfect. It is a big part of high school and leaves an everlasting memory. Amazing article. I think we can all agree with you!

2. Dixon on October 11th, 2018 11:30 am

The Pep Club is great to have around to entertain and cheer on our school and sports. I’m glad it’s becoming popular again and I hope it keeps growing each year. I like how you explained how social media has brought everyone together. Great article!

3. Clara Licklider on October 11th, 2018 12:12 pm

I love this article. Every time I go to a football game the pep club is always right there cheering on everyone and making the student section very enjoyable. This article talks about those things and illustrates it very well. Good job and keep up the good writing!

*

• Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived

Borns

• Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived

Mrs. Lohning

• Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived

Helping Those in Need

• Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived

Duck SAE Project Fascinates Students

• Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived

A Legacy That Will Last Forever

• Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived

Revealing Secrets

• Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived

Not 1, Not 2, But 3!

• Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived

Big Kings Little Kings: Mentoring the Young

• Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived

Overcoming Fear

• Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived

Volunteering at Our Father’s Library

Lewis Cass Pep Club Revived