Filed under Sports

Girls Golf Banquet

Mr.+Issacs+and+I+at+the+golf+banquet.+Thank+you+for+attending+as+many+matches+as+possible.+

Girls Golf Banquet

Mr. Issacs and I at the golf banquet. Thank you for attending as many matches as possible.

As the leaves change, the temperature drops, and the golf courses start to close, the Lewis Cass Girls Golf teammates say goodbye to their season with the end of the year banquet. With every laugh, memory, and tear shed on every course played throughout the season, each girl improved. From not having an official competing team to having seven girls complete the season, it shows that things work out in the end, especially with an amazing group of funny, smart, and relatable girls.

When the banquet started with Coach Jones saying, “Come get your pizza!” With every piece of pizza scarfed down by the girls, the realization settled in that the night would soon be over. As Andi Hair proudly claims, “I ate three pieces, and I am still a little hungry.” As we all giggled and agreed, we accepted the fact that we were just being eating due to the fact we didn’t want this night to end. After our stomachs were full, we started cleaning up to get the awards ceremony going.

Left to Right: Jordyn Hensley, Lauren Hileman, Jordan Henry, Kassidy Henry, Andi hair, and Abby Drake. Front Brooklynn Fye

As Coach set out the season awards and letters earned, each of us went and voted individually for mental attitude award. This award is based off the girls on the team. They nominate who they think has the best mental attitude throughout school, life, and even a bad golf day. After the voting was finished and the tallies added up, Coach Jones started the ceremony. This was it, the last half hour of all of us being the Lewis Cass Girls Golf team 2018-2019.

The first few awards were for the girls that received their first varsity letter. They each received a varsity letter patch and a patch for their jackets. It is amazing to see their smiles when they get their first patch with it being motivation for future goals. The next award up was the returning varsity letters. Only three girls were up for returning awards: Lauren Hileman, Jordan Henry, and Brooklynn Fye.

After letters were handed out, Coach Jones announced the one and only senior gift. After we reminisce on the senior gift, we moved on to lowest average for the season. The recipient of those awards was senior Brooklynn Fye. After lowest average was announced, we finally heard the outcome of our votes from before the banquet. The girl that earned this award deserves every bit of that award. Kassidy Henry was the proud recipient of this award.

The final award that was handed out is one that is based off of how you act on and off the course. This award is known as the Set a Good Example award. During the banquet Coach Jones forgot to hand out this medal… so the recipient of this award got a phone call from him ten minutes after banquet was over. The phone call was made to Brooklynn Fye. All in all this banquet was still full of laughs and shared memories with very little tears. Everything was very bittersweet as the girls looked forward to next year but still did not want to say goodbye to this year’s senior.

Brooklynn Fye’s freshman year team.

To all the girls and Coach Jones as well as Coach Quick: Thank you guys for everything these last four years. You guys will forever be my motivation to keep playing even after high school is over. For the final time, Thank you for an amazing golf season. -Senior Brooklynn Fye-