Filed under A&E

The Longest Ride

Have you ever met someone completely unexpected, who was interested in completely opposite hobbies, and instantly knew you would fall in love with him? Have you ever pushed someone away because you were moving soon and didn’t want to get too attached to that person? Have you ever given up your dreams to be with someone you love for the rest of your life? Well, Sophia Danko, an art major, has done all these things for Luke Collins, a professional bull rider, in the movie The Longest Ride.

When watching a movie, some viewers might already have a feeling what is going to happen next; however, in The Longest Ride, the suspense just keeps getting better and better as the movie progresses. The viewer never knows what will happen next because the movie throws many distractions along the way that he may start to forget the main point. This movie is not your typical love story. This movie describes a love story that only a selective amount of people will discover. It brings heartbreak. It brings happiness. It brings a bond between two people that will never be broken apart; however, most of all, it brings a story that isn’t comparable to anyone else’s.

Many teenage girls, including me, always tend to watch romantic movies because we sometimes imagine that one day that could be us with the love of our lives. We tend to watch so many that we get caught in questioning ourselves if this love really exists or is it just considered a ‘fairytale.’ When I was watching The Longest Ride, this questioning hardly ever happened because this movie isn’t like all the others. The love story created between Sophia and Luke is as if it were happening in reality, not the movie. Many viewers relate to this because not every relationship is buckets of happiness. Many relationships are filled with struggles, which is what is portrayed throughout this movie.

As I was watching this movie, I realized that love is something that comes unexpectedly. No one can go out searching for his soulmate. Love comes in the strangest of times because when someone is searching for love, he hardly ever succeeds; however, when someone is living his everyday life as if he has nothing to worry about, someone enters his life. Someone falls in love with him unexpectedly similar to the way Sophia did towards Luke. Some people may want to fall in love instantly, but after watching this movie, I have realized that love comes when someone is least expecting it.

So if you are sitting there on your couch, wondering what movie to watch, then I suggest you watch The Longest Ride. This movie is much more than just two people that fall in love. This movie has a story within a story. It brings two people, whose lives are completely opposite, to cross paths and get to know each other along the way. It proves a point to many young adults that they don’t have to fall in while they are in high school. It proves a point to show that you don’t have to have your life all put together before attending college. Most of all, it proves that the boy who plays video games 24/7 could easily fall in love with the girl who is a nursing student in college. The Longest Ride shows people that you could go out and do something that you didn’t really want to attend, and you could easily be thankful you did so in a matter of five minutes.

Personally, I know that many teenagers want to fall in love while they are in high school because their fellow peers are in a relationship while they are single, but don’t let that affect you. Maybe you are sitting there thinking about the boy you wished would become your boyfriend; however, he doesn’t feel the same way. Trust me, it may be for the better that you two didn’t fall in love. Everything happens for a reason so don’t think that just because you are the only one out of your friend group who doesn’t have a boyfriend that you will never fall in love because that will never be the case. Sophia was a college student who fell in love with a professional bull rider; therefore, you will find your person when the specific time comes. Until then, go watch The Longest Ride.

1 Comment

One Response to “The Longest Ride”

1. Andreauna Walker on October 31st, 2018 1:39 pm

This article made me want to watch this movie. You explained the movie so well.

*

• A&E

We are Venom

• The Longest Ride

A&E

Bohemian Rhapsody

• The Longest Ride

A&E

A Lesson Learned from The Fountainhead

• The Longest Ride

A&E

“Midnight Sun”: Prepare for tissues

• The Longest Ride

A&E

The Haunting of Hill House

• The Longest Ride

A&E

Mamma Mia! Here I Go Again

• The Longest Ride

A&E

milk and honey

• The Longest Ride

A&E

Comedy: “Dumb and Dumber”

• The Longest Ride

A&E

The Mist: A Scary Watch

• A&E

Invictus

The Longest Ride