Filed under Sports

A Game I’ll Never Forget

As I jumped the fence and stormed the field alongside 30,000 at Ross-Ade stadium, I had the greatest sports experience of my life.

When I woke up on Saturday, October 19th, I knew I was going to have a great day. I did my normal routine except a little more sore than usual from my football game the night prior. I took a shower, got dressed, brushed my teeth, and then we started our journey to West Lafayette.

I met with a friend at his house in Logansport to ride with him to the game. I had knew this kid my whole life and I knew we were going to have a great time at the game. We had gone to one last year and it was a blast. So we left his house and stopped at McDonalds to get some breakfast on the go, and then we were on our way.

Once we got to Purdue, we met with the baseball team at Mackey Arena. Once we met with the team, we talked for a little bit then went to the the softball house. There we hung out and just talked. The baseball players introduced me to everyone and I instantly felt as if I was at home. There was no awkwardness at all. After we hung out with the softball team for a bit. We then went to the baseball house to meet with the rest of the guys. Once we got there, they all greeted me with open arms and asked me how I had been doing since they all knew me.

After hanging out there for a while and playing some games, we then went to the game. There were only 115 athletic and recruit tickets so we went super early to make sure we all got one. As a recruit I had to show proof I was going there next year to get my ticket. Once we all got our tickets, we then proceeded to our seats, which were front row right by the end zone. We were so early to the game to get tickets we had to sit there for an hour and 45 minutes until kick off. It seemed as if time was dragging on for forever but it was all worth it in the end. Purdue routed Ohio State 49-20 and I had a front row seat to it all. At the end of the game when the game clock struck zero we stormed the field. It was one of the most electrifying feelings in the world. We  met a whole bunch of football players, everyone was screaming and yelling and everyone was also hugging each other. As a big sports guy it was one of the best sports experiences I have ever been apart of.

6 Responses to “A Game I’ll Never Forget”

1. Alex Myers on November 1st, 2018 2:09 pm

Great article Reece! Watching this game was an experience like none other. I can’t even imagine what it would have been like to be at the actual game. I liked how you described the trip and meeting all of the players.

2. Jack Salyers on November 2nd, 2018 9:49 am

Great story Reece! It sound like a amazing a day at Purdue’s campus with the other recruits. The game was great with an awesome ending. Keep up the fantastic work.

3. Bowe Brooks on November 8th, 2018 9:08 am

This was a great article. I was at the game also so I know how crazy and amazing that game was. It was a crazy day for all of the people in Indiana. Enjoyed the article!!!!

4. Brannyn Spencer on November 12th, 2018 10:01 am

This is a great article Reece. Congratulations on being recruited to the Purdue baseball team. I liked how you explained that you already felt at home with the team. I was not at the game but I saw many videos of people rushing the field and singing music. I think it would have been great to be a part of such an amazing victory.

5. Eli Kirkpatrick on November 12th, 2018 1:33 pm

This was a great article about how your trip was and how good of a time you had at Purdue game.

6. Felix Palafox Jr on November 12th, 2018 1:41 pm

This was an awesome article. This was a great article because it described the feeling of waking up on a day you know is going to exciting. I also liked it because you clearly described the emotions of everyone after Purdue’s victory/

• A Game I’ll Never Forget

Sports

Men’s Swimming and Diving Preview.

• A Game I’ll Never Forget

Features

Lewis Cass Cross Country Sectional Preview

• Courier Top Sports Article

Boys Tennis Sectional Draw

• A Game I’ll Never Forget

Courier Top Sports Article

A game that will never be forgotten

A Game I’ll Never Forget