Red Ribbon Week Pep Session

Red Ribbon Week Pep Session

This afternoon we will have the first pep session for a club rather than one of our sports teams that anyone can remember happening. The pep session is being held in honor of Red Ribbon Week. If you weren’t aware the past two weeks, starting last Tuesday and ending this Wednesday, were Red Ribbon Week. The S.A.D.D. club does a lot for Red Ribbon Week, not just for the high school but for the elementary students as well.

The S.A.D.D. club has been raising money for Austin’s Hope since the first part of Red Ribbon Week. To raise money, the club’s doing a pie in the face at the pep session this Friday. The table can be found at lunch. People could either buy a ticket or just put money in a tub for which teacher you want pied in the face. If you didn’t get the chance to put your vote in then, you’re too late because the voting ended yesterday.

A lot of students are wondering why we’re having a pep session for red ribbon week, S.A.D.D. club President, Megan Dishon said, “To provide education to the high school students because even though high schoolers don’t really get involved into the week but I tried to find someone who can talk about something we can relate to.”

I’ve wondered myself if this pep session will help the students get more out of the week. “The students will have fun for a good cause. Hopefully they will see that they are supporting a worthy cause and that our school has come together to accomplish this task,” said S.A.D.D. club advisor, Mrs. Birnell.

At the pep session, they had the three teachers that got the most money put in their tub get pied in the face: Mrs. Burch who came in third, Mr. Quick who came in second, and Mr. Smith who came in first. After the first three had been pied, Megan surprised the crowd with a fourth pie in the face by pieing Mr. Bates just for the heck of it. They also announced that between the high school and the elementary we raised a little over $500 for the Austin’s Hope charity.