To my beautiful best friend Begles,

Her+contagious+smile+was+one+I+looked+forward+to+everyday.+

To my beautiful best friend Begles,

Her contagious smile was one I looked forward to everyday.

Her contagious smile was one I looked forward to everyday.

Her contagious smile was one I looked forward to everyday.

Her contagious smile was one I looked forward to everyday.

To my beautiful best friend Begles,

As I sit with a huge lump in my throat and a pain in my chest that is almost unbearable, I cannot help but breakdown. Nothing could prepare me for a moment like this: one that nobody should think about… until it happens. It has been hours since I got the call, yet nothing will sink in. The thought of you being gone is all a nightmare, it has to be. “This cannot be real,” I tell myself. I just spoke with you yesterday. I am not angry you are gone; I am just hurt that I didn’t get to say, “See ya later Begs!”

You had things planned out for your future. You had a stage to walk across. You had a man to marry in your future. You had a family to raise one day. Let alone the graduation party you were planning, all the food and all the memories. Memories that will never get to be created now… I know you will always be here with me, but I would do anything to have one last conversation. To hear you use your silly slang again while flinging your arms around being goofy. I will never forget your nose when you would scrunch it up while giggling at a stupid joke one of us has said.

Enjoying senior night together was a highlight to all three of us.
Left to right: Kara, Brooklynn, Haley

Begley I will never understand why this had to happen to you of all people. Someone that I need to get me through my rough days, someone that always spoke about the happiest things. Begley you were the light of my school day, when you decided “to show up,” I cannot thank you enough for making everyday worth remembering. I know life was unfair to you at times, but this has to be the biggest unfair situation life could give us. You had a future planned that was soon becoming your reality. I am so so proud of you Begs; even though you hated school, you looked forward to trying on caps and gowns. You looked forward to accomplishing things in life. Begley, you looked forward to making others happy.

I can proudly say that you, Haley Marie Begley, impacted my life beyond belief. Not a day will go by where I don’t think of your silly comments or your laugh. I will miss the light you brought with you no matter the situation and no matter the location. I wish I had an explanation on why the good go young, but in all honesty I cannot even get it through my head that you are gone. My best friend, my go-to, my long lost sister is gone. It seems like at any point in time you will come walking through this set of doors and say, “What’s up man.” Knowing those words will never come from your mouth again hurts. I just hope you did not feel pain when this tragedy hit.

Every year we made sure we were demonstration partners for FFA.

Trust me Begs, not a day will go by that I don’t think about playing basketball with you and goofing around. I will tell my kids about their amazing “aunt” that they can always pray to, that they can always ask to protect them. Begley, you were easily one of the coolest people I could have ever become friends with. You deserve the world, you deserve the most happiness possible, and you deserve to live forever. Now you can… so Begs as a see ya later dude. I hope you travel the world, I hope you watch over us from above, and I hope you wait for me before you get too out of hand up there. Begs, I bet it is beautiful where you are now; even though my eyes wish to see this place, I have to wait. Until I can meet you up in the clouds, I will always remember you Haley Begley. Thank you for being my best friend and showing me to live my life to the fullest just as you managed to. I love you forever and always Begs.

From Your best friend, “Bookin”

22 Responses to “To my beautiful best friend Begles,”

1. Ashli Key on November 19th, 2018 8:56 pm

Brooke, your article was so heartfelt, and everyone can feel the grief you are going through, but just know you have everyone on your side. You are not alone at all. Haley had such a sweet, beautiful soul that will forever be remembered. We will see her again someday, but for now, we have to live the life she will never be able to. I love you, and I want you to know I am here for you. Haley is your guardian angel now. She may not be here physically, but she is still here. Stay strong!

2. Clara Licklider on November 20th, 2018 8:57 am

This is a wonderfully written article Brooklynn. I can feel the emotion dripping from your soul into your keyboard and how hard it must have been to write a story like this. I congratulate you for having the courage and the strength to put your sorrow on the newspaper. I am so sorry for your loss and I will miss Haley as well. She was so kind and nice to everyone around her, and even to people she didn’t know. Keep up the good work and we’ll get through this; you’ll get through this.

3. Bill Isaacs on November 20th, 2018 9:35 am

This is such a good article written from the depths of your heart. You have expressed your emotions and those of so many of your peers during this time of loss. It is a great tribute to Haley. Proud of you!

4. Annie Daily on November 20th, 2018 11:07 am

Brooklynn, I’m so sorry. I know there’s nothing “I’m sorry” can do, but it’s the best that I can do. This article made me cry. I can’t even imagine losing a friend. If I lost Kelsey I wouldn’t know what to do with myself. I know it’s so hard right now, but with time it’ll get better. Hang in there.

5. Reece Rodabaugh on November 25th, 2018 9:29 pm

This article is amazing Brooke! This has really been a rough time for us all but I am really feeling for you since you were her best friend. I really liked how you explained her future and all the memories you made. I also liked how you explained things and really really showed how much she meant to you.

6. Kelsey Wise on November 26th, 2018 8:03 am

i really like your article because you speak exactly of what your friendship with Haley was. You two were close and you won’t ever forget her for she and you created so many memories together. Great article!

7. Brooklyn Miller on November 26th, 2018 10:03 am

Brooklynn, I am very sorry for you loss of one of your very best friends. Like Annie said I know there isn’t much an “I’m sorry” will do because this is a very tough situation with very many emotions pouring out of everyone. Even with all the sadness, the community will come together as we have done in the past week. I’m so proud of you for writing such a heartfelt article for Haley. I’m here for you as always! You can and will get through this!

8. Andrea Hair on November 26th, 2018 12:48 pm

Brooke, I can tell this was written from your heart and you poured your soul into this. Haley was such a great person and she is watching over you. We feel you and your pain. I cant imagine losing my best friend either. Your the strongest person that i know and i know you’ll get through this. Love you and amazing story.

9. Hannah Plauschin on November 29th, 2018 8:20 am

My heart breaks for your pain. As I read, I can tell how close you were to Haley and how many memories you guys had. I can’t imagine what it must have been like to get that dreadful call. Haley has impacted many lives and will continue to do that from above. Great article, and I will be praying for you.

10. McKayla Thompson on November 29th, 2018 11:17 am

This article is beautiful! I can feel the pain expressed throughout the article. She was an amazing, loving girl, and she will continue to be with you throughout your days. I will continue praying for the friends and family of Haley. Gone but never forgotten, fly high five.

11. Ashlin Collins on November 29th, 2018 1:16 pm

Great article Brooklyn.

12. Kyah Preston on November 29th, 2018 1:19 pm

My heart is sad for you and all the people affected Great article.

13. Nevaeh Gordon on November 29th, 2018 1:20 pm

This is a very well written story of you and Haley I so very sorry that you had to lose your best friend.

14. Savannah Bowser on November 29th, 2018 1:21 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss Brooklynn. I wasn’t close with Haley but I was still sad when I heard about the accident. Amazing article. You’re in my prayers!

15. Eli Kirkpatrick on November 29th, 2018 1:22 pm

Brooklynn it sounds like you guys had a lot of good memories she will be missed

16. Heavenlee Tucker on November 29th, 2018 1:22 pm

This is such an amazing story. I know it is hard to wake up knowing your best friend is gone. I still can’t believe what happened. Haley has impacted our lives and many more. Prayers!

17. Keenan Appleton on November 29th, 2018 1:26 pm

Brooklyn, She will always live on in our hearts and in our minds. Everybody dealt with this in their own little way. Some chose to cry it out, some chose not to come to school, and you…you chose to write this heart warming article. Keeping you in my prayers.

18. Breyton Hensley on November 29th, 2018 1:31 pm

Even though I never met your best friend I still got a little tear eyed, because this article makes me think of the other loved ones that have past.

19. Andreauna Walker on November 29th, 2018 1:49 pm

I felt so sad when I started to read this. I didn’t know Haley personally but the way that her passing has effected all of my friends and family, i can tell she was a great person!

20. Bella Panmei on November 30th, 2018 10:55 am

This must have been so terribly hard to write for you and I am in awe of your strength. I am so terribly sorry for your loss. You did a fantastic job writing this article and it was so sincere and I could tell it was from the bottom of your heart. I really really miss her and you were correct about all the things you said about her.

21. Lauren Hileman on December 2nd, 2018 1:49 pm

I can’t even imagine what you and so many other people went through. I have lost family members, but I haven’t lost a friend that is so close they are basically family. I don’t know what I would do if I lost my friends. You and so many others are so strong and I know that good will happen very soon. Just keep praying and trusting that everything will be okay

22. Lanie Miller on December 7th, 2018 8:12 am

This is most definitely a great article Brooklynn. I miss her so much too and I can tell you now that we will see her again. I would be lying if I said this article didn’t bring a couple tears to my eyes, but not the bad ones. Your article helped remind me of a lot of the silly little things and it felt good. Great job love.

• To my beautiful best friend Begles,

SADD Farewell

• To my beautiful best friend Begles,

Struggling to Say Goodbye

• To my beautiful best friend Begles,

Experiencing the first “Flawless” event!

• Courier Top First Person Feature

Hold Your Horses!

• To my beautiful best friend Begles,

It’s all about the drive!

• To my beautiful best friend Begles,