Filed under Student Life

Christmas Concert

Christmas Concert

As everyone prepares for Christmas break, both the junior high and high school bands have been preparing for the annual Christmas concert. The band students have been practicing every day during band class and study halls to improve each song. The junior high bands have been practicing for a while now, and the high school band started practicing shortly after marching season ended in November.

Mr. Hinshaw has been preparing the junior high bands for the upcoming concert. They’ve been working very hard to have every song ready to perform. The sixth grade will be performing three pieces at the concert: “Jingle Bells,” “Mr Dreydl,” and “Christmas Mashup.” The seventh grade band will perform “Name That Christmas Carol,” “Blue Christmas,” and “Ding Dong Merrily on High.” The eighth grade band will perform “Do You Hear What I Hear,” “Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! I’ll Be Home for Christmas,” and “A Merry Christmas Medley.”

Mr. Muth has been working with the high school band to practice each piece. The high school band will be performing four different pieces. The pieces performed will include “Ukrainian Bell Carol,” “Star of Wonder,” “O Magnum Mysterium,” and “Sleigh Ride.” The two more upbeat songs, “Ukrainian Bell Carol” and “Sleigh Ride,” begin and end the performance. “Ukrainian Bell Carol” begins with a fast paced and fun style. “Sleigh Ride,” a piece we perform every year, concludes our performance and is also a fast and fun song. The two middle pieces, “Star of Wonder” and “O Magnum Mysterium,” are slower pieces that are more expressive. Soloists for this concert include Lauren Hileman, Katelyn Schreckenghaust, Kelsey Roller, Arrianna Martinez, and Alex Myers.   

The concert is this Wednesday, December 12th in the auditorium. At 6:15 p.m., children have the opportunity to visit with Santa Claus before the concert that begins at 7 p.m. with the sixth grade band. The seventh grade band performs next followed by the eighth grade band. After junior high bands finish their performances, the high school jazz band will perform and will be followed by the high school band. Tickets are $4 for adults, $3 for students and seniors, and children 3 and under are free. Come out to enjoy a night full of Christmas music!         

A silent auction will be held to win a themed gift basket.

2 Responses to “Christmas Concert”

1. Cjay74 on December 14th, 2018 8:16 am

Katelyn, thanks for the info! I really like how you explained that each student worked hard to prepare for the concert. I Did not know how much you guys work to put on a great show for the community. Great work!

2. Elijah Hoch on March 13th, 2019 3:52 pm

I can tell that you will enjoy the concert I hope you really did.

*

• Christmas Concert

Losing a Father

• Christmas Concert

As the Days Go By: A letter to my best friend

• Christmas Concert

Final Spring Break

• Christmas Concert

Visiting My Future Home

• Christmas Concert

Open Letter to My Best Friend

• Christmas Concert

An Open Letter to The Ones Who Were There First

• Christmas Concert

Enlisting In the Navy

• Christmas Concert

Ice Causes Long Commute

• Christmas Concert

Valentine’s Day

• Christmas Concert

Going Back Home: Part 3

Christmas Concert