Filed under Features

Secret Santa Part Two

Secret Santa Part Two

Secret Santa has made its way to Lewis Cass again this year. Last week students picked out a teacher or two, and this week we do different things every day. On Friday after school, most students decorated doors and wrote messages on them for the teachers. Monday is the day for small treats, and that means candy galore. Tuesday is a baked good. Now, I’m not the greatest baker at all. Hopefully whatever we made was also edible. Wednesday is the day for a small gift. Most of the time people get coffee mugs, clothing items, or something else. Thursday, one of the most important, is the appreciation day. We write a letter to our teacher(s), but we still don’t reveal our identity. Friday is the big reveal were teachers guess who their secret santa was, and it feels great when they finally realize who it is.

Mr. Engle poses with his three Secret Santas. From left to right they are Ally Carden, Kadie Cornell, and Hannah Young

The whole week is a gigantic surprise honestly. I’ve had a few mishaps with the days, and I thought our secret santa knew it was us! Thankfully, my friend and I managed to keep our identities a secret. When we were decorating doors, we had a run-in with one of our teachers. However, we decided to hide in his room. Three days later we bought our teachers some candy. It wasn’t the best, but we did what we could. On Tuesday, I grabbed donuts for my teacher and my friend bought a muffin for his. Now, I admit, we could’ve had a better baked good. Either way, I’m sure our teacher’s enjoyed it. Wednesday was a fun day for me, and I tried to get a great gift. I bought a coffee mug because my teacher loves coffee. Consequently, my favorite days were Thursday and Friday. On Thursday I wrote a letter to Mr. Wilson explaining how I appreciate his teachings and constant life lessons. Finally, Friday is here! After a week of waiting, the students and teachers assembled together in the cafeteria. Here, the secret Santa’s revealed themselves.

Regardless of the candy, gifts, and decorations the whole week was about appreciation. The teachers do a lot for us and this was a great way to show our appreciation for them. At the end of the week, seeing all of the teachers guess who their secret Santa was pleasant. This tradition has been very popular at Lewis Cass, and the teachers are always excited about it. My favorite part about the week is when teachers receive items, but they still don’t know who it is.

Secret Santa week was a big success. It started off as a mystery due to the fact that I left a clue on Mr. Wilson’s desk. I tried to be secretive as I could even when he would address some of the things they gave him in class. Overall, I think I did a good job of hiding it. On a good note, he appreciated the gift I gave him, and we spoke about the whole ordeal after school on Friday.

2 Responses to “Secret Santa Part Two”

1. Bowe Brooks on December 18th, 2018 10:11 am

I enjoyed reading your article! I think the secret santa we do here is something special for both the teachers and students. I agree with you that it is a great way to show our appreciation for those who do so much. Great article!!

2. McKayla Thompson on January 7th, 2019 11:10 am

Great article Caleb! I took part in this event too, and I thought it was so much fun. Carley and I teamed up and had two teachers, and one of them knew it was us for sure. I think it’s a really fun experience, and I’m glad you enjoyed it too.

*

• Secret Santa Part Two

Features

March Concert Preview

• Secret Santa Part Two

Features

Dancing His Way to the Competition

• Secret Santa Part Two

The Refinery adds Fun to Kokomo!

• Secret Santa Part Two

Flying Through my Journey

• Secret Santa Part Two

Features

The celebration of Groundhog Day

• Secret Santa Part Two

Features

America’s Water Crisis

• Secret Santa Part Two

Features

Snowfall Hitting Indiana

• Secret Santa Part Two

Pep Club is not Working

• Secret Santa Part Two

Features

New Year, New Me

• Secret Santa Part Two

Features

Building Bridges

Secret Santa Part Two