Days and Time

The days of the week are stereotyped by many, including myself. Monday’s are said to be the most dreadful days of the week. Monday’s bring the eventful weekend to an end and students are forced to go to school and adults attend work. Tuesday is another dreadful day that is looked as a stepping stone to get the week halfway over. Wednesday is where students begin to have hope that Friday is getting closer and Thursday, as most say, is the second most dreadful day because Friday is almost there but not quite. My point here is that everyday has something people stereotype the day as, but most of us have a favorite day no matter the stereotype.

Thursday’s for me are honestly my favorite day. Thursday’s are my PT days (physical training) in which I work out with others who have joined the Marine Corps. The day offers me a break from school and working which I am extremely happy about because at PT we never do the same workouts two weeks in a row. I also de stress by working out with others around me rather than by myself. I am pushed to work out harder than if I were by myself and I learn more ways to improve my strength from my friends there. They tell me easier ways to work out and what I could do to improve my pull ups and sit ups.

I have a lot to learn before I ship off to boot camp, but one thing I do know is that boot camp will not be easy. Boot camp will challenge me to strive to be my best and the ending result will be worth all of the time I waited to  become a Marine and all the sweat that I put in will make sense. The time for me is going by slowly and I cannot wait for graduation this year so that I can begin my military life. As the weeks go by, I am becoming bored of my consistent schedule and would like a change.

By the time I get to graduation, I will probably think back and wonder where all my time went and wonder why the time went so fast. The truth is that time will seem to have gone by so quickly in the future because of my consecutive, boring schedule. I work and go to school to make time go faster which often times I question if I should be working or enjoying my last year of high school. I try to do both but work for me is important because I like money and I like having that responsibility of going to a job. I enjoy my high school events also but I would rather be working and becoming more of an adult.

In the end, I look forward to my Thursday’s in my boring weeks because those days are my days preparing for the end of high school. I cannot wait to leave for boot camp and I cannot wait to actually begin my life in my own, individual way.

10 Responses to “Days and Time”

1. Cjay74 on January 14th, 2019 10:09 am

Kelsey, I really liked this article. I know you are getting really excited for boot camp and i know you are working hard to prepare yourself for it. Keep up the good work! I know you can do it.

2. Brooklynn Fye on January 14th, 2019 12:25 pm

Kelsey you did an amazing job explaining everything in this article! From how you described how you are ready for boot camp to how you enjoy working. We take time for granted sometimes just like you explained in the end of the article! Good article, keep writing!

3. Ephram Collins on January 14th, 2019 2:01 pm

Kelsey, I do agree with you about how time is going by fast. Last year to me felt like a month.

4. Tianna Casner on January 14th, 2019 2:02 pm

Kelsey! I really enjoyed this article. Your excitement towards finally going to boot camp is something that I could feel by reading this article. I hope you keep up all of your hard work preparing for and strive to be your very best when you head off to boot camp!

5. Elijah on January 14th, 2019 2:02 pm

“I like how they ship them off to boot camp”.
    “In boot camp they have to do sit ups, is that hard to do”?

6. Liberty Scott on January 14th, 2019 2:03 pm

This is a great article! I love the positive attitude and determination.

7. Erika Johnson on January 14th, 2019 2:03 pm

This is a really good article, I liked how you included how everyone thinks of certain days. I also liked how you included your favorite day and why that is your favorite day.

8. Anthony Leydet on January 14th, 2019 2:05 pm

Hey I like this passage because it lets me look at my days a lot easier, I liked when you described your day’s “Tuesday is another dreadful day that is looked as a stepping stone to get the week halfway over. Wednesday is where students begin to have hope that Friday is getting closer and Thursday, as most say, is the second most dreadful day because Friday is almost there but not quite.” thank you for this It help a lot so I’m not so stressed out.

9. Uriah Riemenschneider on January 16th, 2019 11:11 am

Kelsey, I liked your article because it showed that I am not the only one with senioritis! It showed that I’m not the only one ready to get out of this small town and move onto more significant things! Good luck at boot camp and with serving our country!

10. Aiden Martinez on January 25th, 2019 1:52 pm

This article started off great with some sentences that everyone can relate to. And how everyone has a favorite day of the week. I also liked how the constant training encouraged you to work harder as everyone should.

*

• Days and Time

It Was More Than Just a Trip to Disney

• Days and Time

Six Weeks!

• Days and Time

Dear Long Lost Best Friend,

• Days and Time

Spring Break With My Best Friend

• Days and Time

Not So Typical Love Story

• Days and Time

The Roommate That Never Was

• Days and Time

It’s Really Okay To Not Be Okay, I Promise

• Days and Time

Losing a Father

• Days and Time

As the Days Go By: A letter to my best friend

• Days and Time

Final Spring Break

Days and Time