Previewing the Annual Halftime Show!

Previewing the Annual Halftime Show!

Our minds are all stressed, our nerves are coming alive, and we feel as if we are running out of time. The Lewis Cass Cheerleaders are beginning the work for the annual halftime show on February 15th. A lot of people don’t realize how much time goes into a performance like this. Preparing the music, learning the moves, mastering the stunts, and then putting it all together is quite a job. With a little over a month to have everything ready, the cheerleaders are cramming in extra practices.

This week the cheerleaders are choosing their mountmen to help lift the girls in the halftime show. Being chosen with such short notice, the guys are going to have to learn fast. We have three guys that took on this challenge: Bryce Reish, Roland Trusty, and Joe Shaffer. The girls, however, still have a lot to do. Every year the seniors make up the dance to the halftime show. We started off the season with three seniors but now are down to two.  This year only having two seniors, Branynn Spencer and Kallie Nies, they have to work hard and be creative. We have only learned half that dance, and we haven’t worked with the junior high on their part of the show. This is where the stress takes part. Malloreigh Clippard, a junior cheerleader, said, “We have a lot we have to do to prepare for it and not a lot of time to do it.” The cheerleaders started out the season with 14 girls, but for the halftime show we are now down to 11. This means formations change, stunt groups change, and we all must be able to adapt quickly.

Although this time can be a bit difficult, it is so much fun. Carley Musall, a sophomore cheerleader, said, “I am excited for the halftime show! It’s always my favorite part of the season.”

We get to dance, laugh, stunt, and more. All the practices just lead up to the big performance that we all have fun with and get to show off our hard work. We are all excited to see what we can all accomplish when we work together. This is also the most exciting part of basketball season for the seniors because it is their time to shine.

Branynn Spencer, a senior cheerleader, said, “The most exciting part for me would be the senior part. I am very shy in front of big crowds, but I think it will be fun for Kallie and me to have our own part since it is our last big performance of the season.”

Overall, I believe the halftime show will be great this year. The music is very upbeat and energetic; some songs include “In my feelings” and “Only Girl.” We are all ready to dance our hearts out for the grand performance. Being a cheerleader is so much more than wearing skirts and bows; We get to show off our talents and getting to do what we love. The halftime show gives us cheerleaders the chance to show this. I hope to see everyone there on February 15th to watch the halftime show and support our Kings.

All those who performed last year in the halftime show

6 Responses to “Previewing the Annual Halftime Show!”

1. Robert Fitch III on January 15th, 2019 11:50 am

Great article McKayla!! I love how you explained how much work you guys do to prepare for the halftime show. You guys do a lot of work to get where you guys are today, and keep working to get even better McKayla.

2. Josie Woolever on January 15th, 2019 9:18 pm

Great article! The halftime shows do take a lot of time and effort and work as you said, and not very many people realize that nor do they appreciate it. You guys always do a great job, that’s truthfully the one thing I miss most about cheering. I always love watching what you guys will do each year, so I’m looking forward to see what you guys have in store for the audience. Great job and keep up the great writing!

3. Katelyn Schreckenghaust on January 18th, 2019 8:03 am

I liked how you described how hard the cheerleaders work for the halftime show. I think it’s cool that you all can still have fun and make new memories even though it may be stressful at times. Great article!

4. Alex Myers on January 21st, 2019 9:53 am

I liked how you described the challenging work that is the halftime show. I was apart of it last year and I know it is very hard. It’s awesome how the cheerleaders still have fun while working, just as we did last year. Good job writing this article.

5. Erika Johnson on January 25th, 2019 1:55 pm

Great article, I loved how you included how much work the cheerleaders put into halftime show! I think that it’s cool how dedicated the cheerleaders are!

6. Brooklynn Fye on February 11th, 2019 10:16 am

Great article McKayla! You did an amazing job explaining how everything takes more time than people realize. You did a great job with relating team members quotes to the story. It shows how you all think alike when it comes to thinking of the half time show. Keep writing!

*

• Previewing the Annual Halftime Show!

Courier Top News Stories

Dental Outreach visits Lewis Cass

• Previewing the Annual Halftime Show!

Courier Top News Stories

The Record Breaking Shutdown

• Previewing the Annual Halftime Show!

Courier Top News Stories

Sports Nation Loses a Hero: Tyler Trent

• Previewing the Annual Halftime Show!

Courier Top News Stories

Lewis Cass High School’s New Principal

• Previewing the Annual Halftime Show!

Courier Top News Stories

Making a Change

• Previewing the Annual Halftime Show!

Courier Top News Stories

John McCain: An American Hero Laid to Rest

• Previewing the Annual Halftime Show!

Courier Top News Stories

Lewis Cass Preschool Program

• Previewing the Annual Halftime Show!

Courier Top News Stories

First Day Glitch

• Previewing the Annual Halftime Show!

Courier Top News Stories

STOP!T

• Previewing the Annual Halftime Show!

Enlisting In the Navy

Previewing the Annual Halftime Show!