Open Letter to My Best Friend

Open Letter to My Best Friend

Dear Addi,

As we spent the past six years knowing one another, I can finally say that I found a true best friend. We have done so much with each other that not only just flew by all our high school years but made an impact in my life that I will cherish forever. You have been through multiple situations in your life that are similar to mine which makes us the “married couple” we are today with one another. Since I leave for Xavier soon and you start schooling in Indy, I decided to write you a letter to show how much you mean to me and the thanks I wanted to say after all these years. You may tear up as I am tearing up while I am writing this but just know these are happy tears. So, here we go.

Our first time meeting was through the practices and games in seventh grade. We were both on the basketball team and with me still being considered “the new kid,” I was continuing the process of making friends. Addi, from the first practice of basketball I knew you were going to be my best friend. From the awkward laughs and snorts to the sarcastic jokes you would bring to the practices, you made every day a great day. As I started to get to know you, we discovered we had so much in common. Throughout high school all we talked about was just wanting to get our lives started and ready to graduate high school from the moment we stepped foot into the main doors. Little did we know that high school goes by super fast and as the time is coming to an end for both of us, we finally realize that time with one another is getting shorter and shorter.

These moments with each other have been one of the best high school memories that I will always have in my mind and heart. With these, I want to say how proud I am of how far you came since we first met. We had the family struggles and the sister annoyance but with these long talks and texts, we finally conquered through them together. You also were having trouble with what you were going to do as the years went throughout high school. From wanting to be a teacher like your mom to working as a hairdresser, you finally know that you want to create your own path and tell your own story as a sports massage therapist. I know that you will do great with this since you have been practicing, and I am so glad you decided to make your own future. And hey, we might work together in the future!

Finally, I wanted to say thank you. Thank you for all the memories throughout these years of a high school student. Thank you for letting me rant about my AP homework, sing as loud as I want inside the car, and not judging me as I eat five meals a day. Thank you for all the laughs, smiles, cries, and everything in between. I may be moving three hours away from you, which is not our typical “one block” stroll, but the miles between us will never break the bond you and I have together. No matter where we go, no matter what the future brings for us, you, Addison Grace Wagoner, will always be my “bestie for the restie.” I love you more than you know and trust me, I will need you more than ever since we actually both have to adult. Thank you for everything and I will miss you dearly!

Sincerely,

Meggy

P.S. I hope you’re crying like I am!

16 Responses to “Open Letter to My Best Friend”

1. Jon Emmons on March 4th, 2019 1:20 pm

This is a really great article! I do agree high school probably go fast when your having fun with friends, you should keep up with more articles these are really good. I hope College goes good for you.

2. Tianna Casner on March 4th, 2019 1:21 pm

Megan, this was a very heartwarming article. I can tell that you and Addi are very close, and I hope to one day be as close with my friends. I wish you both the best as you go off to college!

3. Malachi on March 4th, 2019 1:24 pm

You did very good on this article. I like how you made it seem clear about your very good friendship with addi. Keep up the good work.

4. Aiden Martinez on March 4th, 2019 1:26 pm

This article really tugged at the heartstrings. And i’m for certain that it will for most. It is very well written.

5. Liberty Scott on March 4th, 2019 1:26 pm

Amazing article! It was so heartfelt and genuine. Keep up the great work!

6. Kenzie McLeland on March 4th, 2019 1:26 pm

I really loved your story. I hope you guys stay best friends.

7. Brooke Miller on March 4th, 2019 1:30 pm

Megs, this was so sweet! I can fully understand the explanation of your friendship with Addi because I have witnessed it for the last five years! I love you both and you will do great at Xavier!

8. Lauran Walker on March 4th, 2019 1:34 pm

This was a good article. You guys have a cute friendship.

9. Robert Fitch III on March 5th, 2019 7:49 am

Great article Megan! I love how you told you best friend memories you guys made with each other and all the ups and downs. You guys actually have a true friendship and thats something a lot of people dont have.

10. Kelsey Wise on March 5th, 2019 8:17 am

Great article! Friends are great to have but a best friend is where its at because they mean so much and all the memories you make with that person mean something and you two are very cute as best friends. You guys will stay in touch in the future because thats what best friends do and you two will.

11. Kyla Valdez on March 5th, 2019 1:25 pm

I really enjoyed your article, Megan! You and Addi seem really close and your story should be what every best friend should strive for in a friendship.

12. Madilyn Brown on March 5th, 2019 1:49 pm

Great article, this is so sweet! I love my best friend and can’t image how much you love yours. Best friends are forever together through thick and thin. I love how you told about the memories you have made to last a lifetime.

13. Lauren Hileman on March 5th, 2019 2:36 pm

I love all of these types of articles. I love all the connections that people have. Keep up the good writing!

14. Levi Dyer on March 6th, 2019 8:02 am

Wow I wish I had friends like that, but all of mine yell at me when I sing in the car. It’s great to see that people will have lasting bonds after high school. I never knew that you and Addi were that close and it’s mostly because I don’t pay attention. This was a great mood brightening article. Keep up the good work.

15. Katelyn Schreckenghaust on March 8th, 2019 7:57 am

I loved reading this article. I think it’s so great that you guys have been friends for so long and have become even closer over the years. A bond between best friends is truly special. Great job!

16. Addy Birnell on March 13th, 2019 1:53 pm

I love your article Megan! It’s amazing how school can bring you close to people and your article shows just how much that is true.

• Open Letter to My Best Friend