Open Letter to My Best Friend

Open Letter to My Best Friend

Dear Addi,

As we spent the past six years knowing one another, I can finally say that I found a true best friend. We have done so much with each other that not only just flew by all our high school years but made an impact in my life that I will cherish forever. You have been through multiple situations in your life that are similar to mine which makes us the “married couple” we are today with one another. Since I leave for Xavier soon and you start schooling in Indy, I decided to write you a letter to show how much you mean to me and the thanks I wanted to say after all these years. You may tear up as I am tearing up while I am writing this but just know these are happy tears. So, here we go.

Our first time meeting was through the practices and games in seventh grade. We were both on the basketball team and with me still being considered “the new kid,” I was continuing the process of making friends. Addi, from the first practice of basketball I knew you were going to be my best friend. From the awkward laughs and snorts to the sarcastic jokes you would bring to the practices, you made every day a great day. As I started to get to know you, we discovered we had so much in common. Throughout high school all we talked about was just wanting to get our lives started and ready to graduate high school from the moment we stepped foot into the main doors. Little did we know that high school goes by super fast and as the time is coming to an end for both of us, we finally realize that time with one another is getting shorter and shorter.

These moments with each other have been one of the best high school memories that I will always have in my mind and heart. With these, I want to say how proud I am of how far you came since we first met. We had the family struggles and the sister annoyance but with these long talks and texts, we finally conquered through them together. You also were having trouble with what you were going to do as the years went throughout high school. From wanting to be a teacher like your mom to working as a hairdresser, you finally know that you want to create your own path and tell your own story as a sports massage therapist. I know that you will do great with this since you have been practicing, and I am so glad you decided to make your own future. And hey, we might work together in the future!

Finally, I wanted to say thank you. Thank you for all the memories throughout these years of a high school student. Thank you for letting me rant about my AP homework, sing as loud as I want inside the car, and not judging me as I eat five meals a day. Thank you for all the laughs, smiles, cries, and everything in between. I may be moving three hours away from you, which is not our typical “one block” stroll, but the miles between us will never break the bond you and I have together. No matter where we go, no matter what the future brings for us, you, Addison Grace Wagoner, will always be my “bestie for the restie.” I love you more than you know and trust me, I will need you more than ever since we actually both have to adult. Thank you for everything and I will miss you dearly!

Sincerely,

Meggy

P.S. I hope you’re crying like I am!