Filed under Features

March Concert Preview

March Concert Preview

On Wednesday, March 13th, the junior high and high school bands will be performing their March concerts. Each band has been practicing every day since the beginning of this semester to prepare for this concert, so a lot of work has been put into this upcoming concert performance. Mr. Hinshaw has been working with the junior high bands, and Mr. Muth has been working with the high school concert and jazz bands.

The sixth grade band will be performing three pieces. The first piece “Follow that Flute” was composed by Andrew Balent. The second piece “Attack of the Slide Trombones” was composed by Mike Hannickel, and Sean O’Loughlin composed the last piece “Ancient Hunters.”

The seventh grade will perform after the sixth grade with another selection of three pieces. The students will play Robert W. Smith’s “Liturgical Fanfare,” Steve Hodge’s “Alpine Meadow,” and John O’Reilly’s “Stonegate Overture.”

The last of the junior high bands, the eighth grade band, performs next with their selection of pieces. The first piece was composed by James D. Ployhar and is titled “Soul Trumpets.” The second piece was composed by James Swearingen and is titled “Freedom’s Light.” The third and final piece was composed by David Shaffer and is titled “Tempest Rising.” After all of the junior high bands finish their performances, the high school jazz and concert band will perform.

The jazz band’s first piece “Chameleon” was composed by Herbie Hancock, Paul Jackson, Harvey Mason Jr., and Bennie Maupin; it was arranged by Victor Lopez. The second piece “Moondance” was composed by Van Morrison and was arranged by Victor Lopez. The high school concert band will perform a selection of three different pieces. The first piece “Joy Revisited” was composed by Frank Ticheli. The march “The Thunderer” was composed by John Philip Sousa. The third piece “With Each Sunset” was composed by Richard L. Saucedo. The soloist for “With Each Sunset” is Katelyn Schreckenghaust with the flute. The soloists for “Joy Revisited” include Alexis Darland with the flute, Arrianna Martinez with the clarinet, Jackie Wiles with the saxophone, Lauren Hileman with the french horn, and Alex Myers with the baritone.

The concert begins at 7:00 pm. The ticket cost is $4 for adults and $3 for seniors or students. Children three years old and younger are free. A chicken noodle dinner will be held before the concert at 5:00, and the cost of the dinner ticket is $5. Carry out will also be available at the dinner. Mr. Muth will also be making a special announcement at this concert. If you would like to enjoy a night of music, come out to support the bands on Wednesday night!

1 Comment

One Response to “March Concert Preview”

1. Jenna Roeske on April 10th, 2019 1:30 pm

This was a very informing article. You let everyone know when the concert was and how it was laid out. All of the songs that were to be played are listed and who is playing them is aid also. Overall this is a very good article.

*

• March Concert Preview

Features

Review of the May Concert

• March Concert Preview

Features

A day filled with fun

• March Concert Preview

Features

First Year Experience

• March Concert Preview

Features

Farvel America

• March Concert Preview

Features

A Surprise in my Genius Hour

• March Concert Preview

Features

Preparing for the tests

• March Concert Preview

Features

One Last Playlist

• March Concert Preview

Features

Spring Play Review

• March Concert Preview

Features

Traditions become Legendary: History of Lewis Cass Kings

• March Concert Preview

Features

Career Fair

March Concert Preview