Filed under Opinion

An Open Letter to My Little Sister

An Open Letter to My Little Sister

Madison,

I remember the day you were born and how excited I was to finally have a little sister. I love our two older brothers so much, but I always wanted a sister and was ecstatic when I found out our mom was having a girl. I decided to write you this letter to let you know how much you mean to me because I know I don’t tell you nearly enough.

One of my favorite things about having a little sister is always having someone there no matter what. We’ve made so many memories together, and I’ll cherish them forever. I love all of the inside jokes we’ve created and how we always know what the other is thinking. You know me better than anyone else, and I’m so happy to have you as one of my best friends. Even though you’re so much younger than me, I wouldn’t want to grow up and make memories with anybody else.

I know you’re nervous about going to the high school next year, but I promise the high school isn’t nearly as scary as you think. You’ll get used to it in no time. Before you know it, you’ll be where I am and will be nearing the end of your high school career. I hope you have a great time in school and make so many memories with your friends and fellow classmates. It can be stressful at times, but it can also be some of the best times. Don’t stress too much about your grades as I do because you’re so smart already and will grow up to do amazing things. I also hope you find a passion or hobby to make school more enjoyable. I know you’ll be starting band next year, but you don’t need to continue with it if you don’t want to just because your siblings did. You do what makes you happy.

I know we argue sometimes, but I love you so much and am so proud of you. I always know that you can cheer me up when I’m not having the best day. You have such an amazing and crazy personality, and I hope you never lose it. I’m not sure if I’m going to move away in the next couple years when I go away for college, but if I do, then never forget that you can always call me and visit me. I’m so proud of the person you’re becoming, and I can’t wait to see what your future holds. I love you, Maddie.

Love,

Your Big Sister     

3 Responses to “An Open Letter to My Little Sister”

1. McKayla Thompson on April 10th, 2019 11:16 am

This article is adorable!! I could really connect with this article but on the other side of it. I am a younger sister, and I wouldn’t want to make memories with anyone but my sister. I love the emotions expressed throughout the article! Keep up the great writing.

2. Kaitlyn Harris on April 10th, 2019 1:32 pm

This article is so sweet! I liked how you expressed your emotions about your bond with your little sister and wrote something that so many other people can relate to and connect with their own siblings.

3. Annie Daily on April 19th, 2019 11:11 am

Awe this article was so cute! I wish I had a younger sibling. All my siblings are older than me and moved out when I was little so I don’t really know the aspect of growing up with them around all the time. I kind of wish I had that. This was adorable, though and keep up the great writing!

*

• An Open Letter to My Little Sister

Opinion

Should the Minimum Wage be Raised?

• An Open Letter to My Little Sister

Courier Top Opinion Article

Why ISTEP Is Not Needed

• An Open Letter to My Little Sister

Opinion

The Group of Friends That Last A Lifetime

• An Open Letter to My Little Sister

Opinion

God’s Grandeur

• An Open Letter to My Little Sister

Courier Top Opinion Article

An Open Letter to My Brother

• An Open Letter to My Little Sister

Opinion

Censorship in America

• An Open Letter to My Little Sister

Courier Top Opinion Article

An Open Letter to All Girls

• An Open Letter to My Little Sister

Courier Top Opinion Article

You are not alone..

• An Open Letter to My Little Sister

Opinion

Southern Values Within the Novel The Sound and the Fury

• An Open Letter to My Little Sister

Courier Top Opinion Article

Seeing God’s Grandeur through the Darkness

An Open Letter to My Little Sister