Six Weeks!

Six weeks of high school is all that I have left before I am set into an excited panic. These six weeks will go by quick and I cannot yet decide if I want them to or if I want my last weeks in Lewis Cass to go slow. I want to enjoy my last weeks and remember high school, but I also don’t really care and just want my senior year to be over. I have come to the conclusion that my mornings will continue to become harder as the weeks count down due to the lack of motivation I have anymore for coming to school. I also lack the motivation to do schoolwork outside of school, but I get it all done because I want to graduate with my grades being stellar.

I have many tasks on my hands that I have to finish before these six weeks end. I take gradpoint but only because I am enrolled in two study halls and wanted something to keep me busy. I am doing these online classes to raise my GPA just because I can. I have no classes I have to actually retake which is a relief, but then again now that I have started my gradpoint classes I am determined to finish them all. I am currently working on two classes at the same time to knock them out. Another task is to plan my graduation party that I do not want to have. I was not going to throw one due to not wanting to be humiliated for not having many people show up. I do not want to spend money on a party if no one will actually show up. It is not that I don’t have friends; I just do not know if people would actually show up and that gives me anxiety and I would rather not deal with that.

A lot of things need to be done with graduation and my leave date for the military is at the end of June so that brings me stress that can be interpreted as a good stress because I am ready to leave. I am not ready to leave my family though. I will have a very hard time leaving to South Carolina for boot camp because I will have no contact with my family aside from one ten second phone call letting them know I made it and letters that will take forever to deliver. Going so far from home without any contact with anyone but strangers is scary, but I can do it because this is what I want my life to be after high school. I want more than just a basic education after high school. I want a fit and disciplined life, and if that means I have to leave for years and do that I will.

Between the stress of being a senior and leaving my family and home for years, I can say that the stress I am dealing with is an exciting stress because that means the events are coming up. I look forward to being done with high school and being able to focus on my life after and being able to have more free time as an adult. I understand the work force somewhat already due to having worked for three years already. I understand the importance of working and bringing in a decent paycheck- even though I have no house or utility bills, I do pay for my car insurance and phone bill. I believe that having to start paying for these kinds of things is important and I do not mind it sometimes because i have a head start of what it’s like to save money and spend wisely.

I would like to think that I am ready to graduate and be on my own. I am ready to start a new chapter and become the person I have imagined for a long time. That person being a more independent, confident Marine. Six weeks is not too long and I look forward to savoring each and everyday making time for everyone in which I love and care for.

12 Responses to “Six Weeks!”

1. Dixon on April 15th, 2019 8:18 am

It’s unbelievable to think we only have six weeks left of our high school career. I like how you explained how much there is to do with graduation coming up. Great article!

2. Jack Salyers on April 15th, 2019 11:10 am

Great Story Kelsey! I enjoyed reading this a lot and I hope you enjoy these next six weeks of your high school career. Keep up the amazing writing and have fun with whatever you do after high school!

3. Caleb Johnson on April 16th, 2019 1:47 pm

Awesome story! There are many things that can become stressful leading up to graduation. I already am wondering how i’m going to manage the stress of it all. However, I know that school has been a blast and a disaster. i like how you described how you don’t know whether to hasten the last few weeks or slow them down. Great story!

4. Levi Dyer on April 16th, 2019 5:35 pm

I always get asked if I’m excited. I’m not really excited for high school to end, but I am excited to start college. Its still surprising that it’s so close to ending.

5. Brooke Whitney on April 17th, 2019 1:52 pm

This is an awesome story. I have a few years here at Lewis Cass, but just thinking about my brother leaving next year is hard. I am happy for you that you have a plan for your future and I hope you stick with it.

6. Jensen Burrous on April 17th, 2019 1:54 pm

You guys are a good group of seniors and good examples to look up too, it is crazy how fast life goes. NIce article, good luck in college.

7. Ethan Eckenboy on April 17th, 2019 1:54 pm

I hope you have they best of the six weeks left Kelsey. Also try your hardest on school work and make sure to study hard.

8. Lauren Johnson on April 17th, 2019 1:56 pm

Six weeks? Wow! Time flies! I loved your article because it gives me a point of view on what graduating might feel like.

9. Cjay74 on April 17th, 2019 9:01 pm

Kelsey, I am really proud of the hard work you have put in. I know how exciting it must be to be able to start the next chapter of your life. I sure cannot wait to graduate. You must me very excited of the new chapters to come. Keep up the good work!

10. Alex Myers on April 18th, 2019 8:10 am

Six weeks sounds like a long time to any other normal person, but to a high school senior well it’s really not that long. It’s unreal to think we only have six weeks left to call our class seniors. I hope you do well after high school, and you should consider doing newspaper in college because you always write great articles. Good job!

11. Uriah Riemenschneider on April 18th, 2019 12:42 pm

I feel like every senior is reading this thinking the exact same thing! I feel that we are almost all ready to just be done, but along with that “lets end this” feeling, we also have that fear of having to go out into the world on our own! It was a very well written article that I really enjoyed! It had a lot of pathos in it due to, most all seniors relating to the fact that we are almost out of here! Finish out strong, you’ve got this!!

12. Katelyn Schreckenghaust on April 19th, 2019 2:40 pm

It seems crazy that we only have six weeks left of this year. I think many people can relate to this article because a new chapter in our lives can definitely bring excitement but also stress. This was a great article, and good luck!

*

• Six Weeks!

Dear Long Lost Best Friend,

• Six Weeks!

Spring Break With My Best Friend

• Six Weeks!

Not So Typical Love Story

• Six Weeks!

The Roommate That Never Was

• Six Weeks!

It’s Really Okay To Not Be Okay, I Promise

• Six Weeks!

Losing a Father

• Six Weeks!

As the Days Go By: A letter to my best friend

• Six Weeks!

Final Spring Break

• Six Weeks!

Visiting My Future Home

• Six Weeks!

Open Letter to My Best Friend

Six Weeks!