Filed under Showcase

Top 10 Impact Teacher Night

Top 10 Impact Teacher Night

On Sunday, May 5th, not only were the top ten of the senior class recognised, but so were the individuals that impacted them the most. This event was held at Boondockers in Logansport, where the top ten (eleven students actually due to a tie), their family members, their impact teachers and their guests, and their hosts all enjoyed a delicious meal and a lovely night. The staff at the Boondockers, prepared a tasty meal of lasagne, green beans, corn, garlic bread, and salad. Plus they had the option of either jello or upside down cake for dessert. All of the food was outstanding and definitely left me satisfied!

After eating and socializing, Mr. Bates started off the night by introducing the first student and his host. We went in the order of 10th to first, but because of the tie, it was actually 11th to first. Each host introduced the student by saying a few things about him and then handed things over to him. Each student then read the essay that was written for his teacher and said a few additional kind words. Each student chose his particular teacher for different reasons, and it was interesting to hear just why he chose the teacher he did.

Ben Carpenter, tied for tenth, was first, and he was introduced by his host Mr. Matt Lewellen. Mr. Lewellen informed everyone that Ben has accumulated a GPA of 3.87, that he will be attending IUPUI in the fall, and that he plans to pursue a bachelor of science in nursing before attending medical school to become an anesthesiologist. Ben then came up and spoke highly on his impact teacher Mr. Burrous.

Josephine (Josie) Woolever, also tied for tenth, was next, and was introduced by Mr. Ryan Zeck. To start his introduction off, Mr. Zeck informed everyone that he believed he’d be the only host to say he held his student in the first 24 hours of her being born. He then went on to inform everyone that Josie has also accumulated a GPA of 3. 87, that she will be attending Purdue University in the fall, and that she plans to study elementary education with a minor in creative writing. Josie then came up and spoke highly on her impact teacher Mr. Engle.

Kenzie Silcox, ninth, was introduced by Mr. Ryan Laplante. Mr. Laplante informed everyone that Kenzie has accumulated a GPA of 3.88, that she will be attending Morehead State University to play softball, and that she she plans to pursue a career as an orthopedic surgeon. Kenzie then came up and spoke highly on her impact teacher Mr. Quick.

Arrianna Martinez, eighth, was introduced by Mr. Barrett Bates due to Mr. Tim Johnson being absent. Mr. Bates informed everyone that Arrianna has accumulated a GPA of 3.97, that she will be attending the University of Indianapolis, and she plans to major in Criminal Justice and Psychology. Arrianna then came up and spoke highly on her impact teacher Mr. Hinshaw.

Ashli Key, seventh, was introduced by Mr. Barrett Bates. Mr. Bates informed everyone that Ashli has accumulated a GPA of 4.08, that she will be attending Indiana State University, and that she plans to major in social work. Ashli then came up and spoke highly on her impact teacher Mrs. Swanson.

Kaylin Silcox, sixth, was introduced by Mr. Don Young. Mr. Young informed everyone that Kaylin has accumulated a GPA of 4.08, that she also will also be attending Morehead State University to play softball, and that she plans on pursuing a career as a Radiologist. Kaylin then came up and spoke highly on her impact faculty member Mrs. Adams.

Andrew Conwell, fifth, was introduced by Mr. Barrett Bates due to Mrs. Amy Miller not being able to attend. Mr. Bates informed everyone that Andrew has accumulated a GPA of 4.08, that he will be attending Indiana University of Kokomo, and he plans to pursue a degree in business. Andrew then came up and spoke highly on his impact teacher Mr. Miller.

Emily Goodman, fourth, was introduced by Mr. Rick Lee. Mr. Lee informed everyone that Emily has accumulated a GPA of 4.09, that she will be attending Ivy Tech for her Associates Degree before attending Purdue University for her Bachelors’ Degree, and that she plans to pursue a career in agronomy. Emily then came up and spoke highly on her impact teacher Mr. Appleton.

Makenzie Fowler, third, was introduced by Mr. Jordan Nelson. Mr. Nelson informed everyone that Makenzie had accumulated a GPA of 4.11, that she is currently attending Trine University, and that she is pursuing a major in biology with plans to become a physician assistant. Makenzie then came up and spoke highly on her impact teacher Mr. Ullom.

Alexis Darland, second, was introduced by Mr. Andy Smith. Mr. Smith informed everyone that Alexis has accumulated a GPA of 4.16, that she will be attending the University of Indianapolis in the fall, and she plans to study Pre-Art Therapy with Studio Art. Alexis then came up and spoke highly on her impact teacher Mr. Hurst.

Cade Cox, first, was introduced by Dr. Tim Garland. Dr. Garland informed everyone that Cade has accumulated a GPA of 4.31, that he will be attending Wabash College with hopes of joining the wrestling team, Cade will also be attending Purdue University after his first four years at Wabash, and he plans to study Electrical and Computer Engineering.  Cade then came up to speak highly on his impact faculty member Mr. Marschand.