Bailey Scott Signs with Depauw University

Bailey Scott, a star-studded senior, signed with Depauw University on Friday afternoon. After visiting multiple colleges in the fall, he decided on Depauw. It’s a private liberal arts school with around 2500 students. The university sits on 695 acres and holds over nine miles of nature trails perfect for Bailey. It holds many events to relax and interact with other students and members of faculty. The annual Monon Bell football game between Depauw and Wabash contends for one of the best events of the year, and ESPN fans voted it Indiana’s best football rivalry. Bailey’s opportunities are endless at Depauw.

Freshman year started off a long list of accomplishments for Bailey Scott. He became apart of All-Hoosier athletic conference and a regional qualifier. The same year he won the rookie of the year in track. This first year set the tone for his upcoming seasons. In his sophomore year. He went on to win most valuable runner in cross country for three consecutive years. Scott also qualified for semi state in his sophomore and junior year. While running cross country and track. he amassed a generous of awards: All-Cass County Team, All-Hoosier Athletic Conference, All-Regional Team and a Kokomo Tribune Co-Athlete of the Week. 

From Left to right, myself, Bailey, and Kaleb Lewellen.

“I looked at a lot of colleges and every time I would compare them to Depauw, they didn’t seem to match up,” said Scott on other colleges. He loved the team atmosphere and the major he is able to pursue. 

“Bailey is a great young man, and adult. He has grown over the past four years to become a tremendous athlete.” said coach Benner. 

Bailey Scott’s athletic career continues to impress not only his coaches but himself. He trains almost every day after school for track. I believe he will excel in his events and continue to grow as a person and athlete. Depauw’s small, team oriented atmosphere fits his personality perfectly.

Bailey Scott and his family