There’s a Last Time for Everything

There’s a Last Time for Everything

What is something that you know will end but you never want it to? For me it’s football. For someone else, it could be showing livestock or band. I can only imagine, from watching my senior friends on the football team, how incredibly hard that is to take. That will be what I’m discussing now.

I have watched three senior classes play their final snap of football and every time they were left in tears. It’s something that everyone will go through at some point in their life. I know some people will be sad at their last school dance or their last day living at home, but it’s going to happen. I have realized recently that, somehow, I only have one more year of high school. I only have one more year to spend every day with my friends. I only have one more year to spend going to games and parties. I know people on social media complain about how terrible high school is, but I don’t see it that way. I see it as a time to have fun and hang out with my friends that I probably won’t be able to see as much once I graduate. I’ll miss my time in high school because of my friends and the time we spent at parties and games.

When I look back at my time in high school I don’t know what I’ll remember as my favorite part. It could be playing football, spending time with friends, my time in classes, or some field trip that I went on. I know some people don’t like high school because it’s so monotonous and it can be very boring, but I think that it’s the individual’s fault for not going out and doing fun things instead of the school’s fault. I go out with my friends to eat, go to basketball games, and do anything to make it last as long as I can. I know some people just look at it as a means to an end, but I don’t understand why. They have loads of time to have fun and do things that they won’t be able to do in a few years.

I don’t know how I’ll react when I have my last football game, county fair, or day at school, but I do know that I’ll always look back and treasure my time doing these things. I’m not the best person to ask how to have a great time in high school but I can say that if you do everything you can while in high school you’ll have fun. Everyone should do clubs and sports, go to dances, go to parties, and go to sporting events. I’m a junior but I feel like I should still be a freshman. I didn’t realize how fast my time in high school was going until recently. I think that this is how it goes for most people. I believe most people that don’t realize how much fun high school is until years after.

In conclusion, you should do everything you can to make high school last longer. You should spend time with friends doing what you like, and most of all, you should try and make it last as long as you can.