You are not alone..

This is for the people who think they are alone, for the ones who think nobody understands, and for the ones that seem to be unheard in a crowd full of people. No, this is not a pity party or a story looking for attention. This is simply me using my abilities for the better.

I understand that life is very challenging at times and things don’t always turn out how we would like them to. Those are the moments that make us stronger than we used to be. The days where getting out of bed is a challenge; it makes us a better person. Even the over stressed late night mental breakdowns, the recurring anxiety attacks, and the trembling words we cannot seem to find make us a better person. Often when describing the emotions that take place during a break down, the answer is somehow related to stress. The words used for an anxiety attack hold a little more darkness than normal, and being so broken that not even words can explain, that pain is a living nightmare.

A nightmare I often find myself facing on a day -to- day basis. As I stated earlier, this is not a pity party. This is a story to let others know it’s okay to be broken. Late last year our community was hit with a few major events, events that changed everyone’s lives in a way we never could of imagined. Going into my senior year, I figured it would be the best year of my life only to realize it soon became the worst. Not only did I start my senior year with five amazing friends, but I will soon be ending with only two. Sad to think in a span of two months I lost more than my heart could handle.

I went from knowing what I wanted to do with my future, to thinking that I cannot handle anymore changes in my life. I went from knowing whom I could call on when times became tough to not knowing where to turn. As feelings of heartbreak, emptiness, and calamity hit my life harder and harder, I knew something had to change. I knew my breaking point was coming soon I could feel it with every passing second. Not to my surprise, it happened; I finally caved in and shattered. Denying how I felt wasn’t going to work anymore.

I know being older gives me the opportunity to have a voice, so please to the readers that do read this. Please listen close. It is okay to fall apart at the seams when things turn for the worst. It is completely okay to go talk to someone. Personally, after I hit my breaking point, I knew I needed to talk to someone. I needed to know things would get better… eventually. Knowing that all this effort I am putting into making it through each and every day will be worth it. Moral of the story is to know you are not alone. You will conquer this storm that is fighting against you. Know that it is okay to ask for help it is okay to struggle as long as you get back up with determination to overcome anything in front of you. This will get better, maybe not tomorrow or the day after, but someday things will be perfect. That is when you can appreciate the struggles you overcame. I believe in you, so please don’t give up.

6 Responses to “You are not alone..”

1. Levi Dyer on February 19th, 2019 8:36 am

It takes a lot of courage to say something like this and from your examples and the way you encourage your readers I can clearly tell you’re not doing it for attention. Everyone has dark times. You just have do deal with it. Good article.

2. Ashli Key on February 25th, 2019 11:16 am

Brooke, this article is ver touching and heartfelt. It really catches the readers eye that you are able to put your own struggles in this article so they knew that you have been through it all. Everyone goes through the drought of happiness, but in a matter of time, it starts pouring into your life like a waterfall. Good job and I am always here for ya!

3. Emme Grisez on March 4th, 2019 1:31 pm

I think this article was very eye opening. I think this article will give others courage to talk about things they are dealing with.

4. Tianna Casner on March 5th, 2019 1:26 pm

I really liked this article. It reminded me that I’m not alone and that there is others who feel the same ways that I do.

5. Savannah Haseltine on March 13th, 2019 1:49 pm

Thank you for such an amazing article. I’ve been having some things in my life lately that have been making me feel down and alone. It’s just really nice to read that someone knows and understands, because it feels like nobody does. You can know that people will be there for you and have experienced similar situations, but it’s hard to know if someone truly understands unless it’s just bluntly stated.

6. Madison Townsend on March 13th, 2019 1:50 pm

I really enjoyed this article. Even though it was quite sad it has a great message and everyone needs to know that they aren’t alone. Sometimes people will tell you that you aren’t alone but ,to me, it never seems that you never hear about anyone else at school who is struggling. This was a good reminder that everyone has struggles and that’s okay.

• You are not alone..

Finals Season

• You are not alone..

Courier Top Opinion Article

The Bond Between the Seniors

• You are not alone..

Courier Top Opinion Article

It’s not even Thanksgiving yet!

• You are not alone..