IWU Field Trip

IWU Field Trip

The 8th grade visited the private college Indiana Wesleyan University on Thursday, October 3rd. The students learned a variety of things about the college on the field trip. When the students first arrived at the college, they all went to the theater for directions and to ask a few students that attend the college questions. After that, some students got to go to lunch, and some students went on the tour around the campus with one of the college students. On the tour, the students were given a look at a lot of different things on the campus. One place we got to see was the dorm rooms where all students study and sleep. The dorm rooms generally have two beds, a sink, and two dressers. On the tour, we got to go to the chapel, gym, and even to the Baldwin Cafe. The people who went to lunch were in there for an hour. At lunch we had to get in a line with a tray and our silverware. The cafe was set up like a a buffet. We could have unlimited amounts of food, and whatever we wanted. When we went to the chapel, our tour guide told us what it was used for. He/she said that the on-campus students have to attend chapel, or church, and you can only skip 6 times. Other than that, you are required to go to church.  You also have to take three bible classes.

The lunch on the field trip was fun. There were so many options to choose from it was crazy. There was about everything you could almost think of. Personally the field was fun and we learned that college is way different from school, you could take day classes or night classes. After this we all met up and then got on the buses to come home.