High School Musical Review

Kyah Preston 

Movie Review

Review of High School Musical 

Most people have heard the “High School Musical” songs from the three “High School Musical” movies. This movie was released on January 26,2006 and became very well known. I watched the first “High School Musical” movie when I was pretty young. I remember singing along and dancing with the actors on the screen. I personally still love this movie to this day. 

“High School Musical” is a movie about high school students that are just enjoying their high school years while breaking out in song. In the movie, there are two leads that end up being love interests. Their names are Gabriella Montez and Troy Bolton. In the movie, they audition for the school musical. Troy Bolton steps out of his comfort zone and decides to follow Gabriella, and does the school musical even though he is scared that this will change everything.

After students find out that Troy Bolton the basketball star tries out for the musical, the school’s cliques change. In the movie, during lunchtime, all of the students that are part of a clique break out in song and tell everyone about their random hidden talents. The whole school is going crazy because of the decision of these two students joining the musical. In the movie the antagonist Sharpay Evans and her brother Ryan Evans find out Troy and Gabriella are in the musical and they plan a way to make it impossible for them to be in the show. 

In the movie, Sharpay and Ryan scheduled the musical at the same time as the basketball game. With this happening, Troy and Gabriella find a way to be able to be in the musical while still participating in the game and the Scholastic Decathlon competition.

In the movie, Troy and Gabriella and their friends make a plan to shock the wires of the scoreboard so that Troy and the team can leave the game to go to the musical. Gabriella and the Scholastic Decathlon team plan to have a solution stink up the entire room during the competition. This way Gabriella and Troy could both be in the musical and their friends can experience their singing.  After the musical everyone is shocked at how well they did and return to the game. After the game is over everyone gets super excited because they all pulled off the plan and won the game.

I would recommend this movie to anyone that loves musicals. It is a fun and exciting movie that leaves you wanting more. I would give this move a 9/10 because it is an amazing movie. One thing I would change about it is the idea of the teams wanting to break up Troy and Gabriella because they are stepping out of their comfort zones together. I personally think that trying something new should have been encouraged instead of frowned upon.

Sources:https://variety.com/2021/film/features/high-school-musical-anniversary-zac-efron-vanessa-hudgens-1234886967/#:~:text=%E2%80%9CHigh%20School%20Musical%E2%80%9D%20was%20the,)%2C%20Ashley%20Tisdale%20and%20more.