Lewis Cass Musical Oklahoma

Lewis Cass Musical Oklahoma

Kyah Preston

1/25/2022

Feature #

Lewis Cass Musical Oklahoma

The Lewis Cass Musical program just concluded its audition process this past Friday. This process included students wanting to be in the musical to sing any country song of their choice. From there Choir Director Mrs. Dubois decides which character this student’s voice matches best with and would complement best with. From there the call-back list was sent out. The students were sent a chunk of a song sung by that character. The students also get a few speaking lines that the characters speak in the musical. The students had a few days to prepare for their call back. Last Friday the students all met in the choir room and showed the judges what they had prepared. The cast list came out the same night.
This year Lewis Cass will be performing Oklahoma junior written by Rodgers and Hammerstein. This musical’s setting is rural Oklahoma. The plot of the show is that Curly McClain, the leading man, tries to get help from Aunt Eller to get a date to the box social with the girl leads Laurey Williams (Aunt Ellers niece). While Laurey acts as if she wants nothing to do with him she later realizes she may be in love with him. Ado Annie (Laureys friend) gets a surprise visit from her last love Will Parker. Although Ado Annie loves Will she is into this Peddler man as well. She then later marries Will Parker. Curly fights for Laureys love and he gets it.
This year’s cast is very filled and excited about the show. The role of Curley McClain is junior Elli Martin. I asked Eli “what are you most excited about for the musical?” Eli replied, “ I am most excited to perform and put on a show for the community and my family.” This year I will be playing Laurey William. I am most excited to see what all of our hard work will turn into. I am so excited to get the opportunity to be Lurey Williams because I think she is just such a fun and mature character. Aunt Eller will be played by junior Kennedy Thorpe. I asked Kennedy “ What are you most excited about for the musical?” She replied “ I am most excited for the atmosphere and all of the people that you get so close with during the musical. I am also super excited to learn all of the music and to become the character I was cast for.”
The Lewis Cass choir director and Musical director is directing her second musical at Lewis Cass. I asked Mrs. Dubois “ What are you most excited about as the musical is coming in the next few months?” She replied by saying “ I’m excited to see the students come out of their box, and develop the skills necessary to perform with their whole body, as well as their singing voice. I wish the best to the Lewis Cass Choir program this musical season. Congratulations to the cast as well.
Interviews: Eli Martin, Kennedy Thorpe, Mrs. Dubois
CAST LIST BELOW
Oklahoma Cast Laurey Williams
Kyah Preston
Curly McLain
Eli Martin
Aunt Eller
Kennedy Thorpe
Will Parker
Brayden Pittman
Ado Annie
Savy Bowser
Jud Fry
Will Rose
Gertie Cummings
Lauren Johnson
Ali Hakim, the Peddler
Kurtis Goodwin
Laureys Girls
Kate: Alexis Alford Young Kate: Emilynn Rowe Vivian: Maddy Willis Young Vivian: Hayden Tocco Ellen: Rylan Preston Young Ellen: Scarlette Mayhill June: Liberty Preston Young June: Mayce Armstrong Virginia: Heidi Frey Young Virginia: Grace Spicer
Featured Farmhands/Cowboys/Farmers Ike: Raegan Mundy
Fred: Shae Roland
Andrew Carnes: Cameron Fuller Cord Elam: Brecken Smith
Slim: Maria Soto-Juniper
Mike: Nathan Zoubul Joe: Audree Zorich
Ensemble Soloists Kansas City
Solo 1: Miki Klute Solo 2: Jenifer Romero Oklahoma
Solo 1: Raegan Mundy Solo 2: Shae Roland Solo 3: Maria Soto Juniper Solo 4: Liberty Preston
Understudies/Swings
These students are cast elsewhere, but will also play the roles of students who are missing during rehearsals, etc.
Halley Douglas
Nathan Zoubul
Jocelyn Menning
Ensemble Farmhands Ensemble Spencer Bowman Jacob Dixon Dane Hall
Sam Hull
Brody Skiles Landen Adams Bentley Fross
Rodeo Folk Ensemble
Maleigh Deeter Lillian Hintz Tenley Rodabaugh Cassidy Cannon Kinley Corn Kyler Corn Summer Johnson Bekah Birkey Shae Dishner Olivia Parker Brailey Pickering Isabella See Angel Newgent Lahleya Perry
Farmer EnsembleSandra Hopman Mia Roller Miki Klute Maria Soto Juniper Chloe Wines Addison Zeiger Alana Fagan Marissa Foley Alyiah Reynoso Kaity Shively Ashlynn Sipin
Cowmen Ensemble Ruby Landrum Chace Lobenthal Jaxon Lutane Jenifer Romero Halley Douglas Payten Harrison Madelyn Hillis Kiley Silcox Chloe Watterson Brionna Weaver Mackenzie Weaver Jocelyn Menning
Townspeople Ensemble
Elizabeth Brettin Osten Cunningham CJ Wells Ariella Alford Caleb Fettig Brooklyn Hale Madyson Rink Lainey Menning Grace Friskey Kristin Wells Tayonnah Bell Zabrena Cunningham
Tech-Sound and Lighting: Cloey and Kailana Tomlinson