Is School Like Jail?

Is School Like Jail?

Does your school feel like jail? I believe school should have a more fun approach. In some schools there are metal detectors that people have to go through. In others, backpack and locker searches are common. BusinessInsider.com states that ”Some schools have banned students from bringing lunches from home.” People used to joke about school being like jail. Many parents have no idea what happens in the school. Almost 30% of schools have police officers.

Some schools feel like jail because some have apps that block anything that is not school related. Students have limited access to apps which they want to look at to enjoy or for other reasons. To some students, school feels like jail because the walls might be gray and have thick doors in which jails have as well. When the doors are heavy it might make it hard to open them. They also are very boring and look like cell doors. I think schools should give students more freedom, so that they don’t feel like prisoners. I also believe that schools should have outdoor classes and have more colors so that they are not so prison-like. I also believe that schools should not be as serious about small things such as arguments, jokes, and clothing as kids will make jokes and arguments.

Some students and parents think that school is too boring. Some people think that school is meant to be no fun and all about learning. I believe that there should be a balance of both and that schools should allow more group work so that students don’t feel like they are in trouble.