My high school years

It goes by faster than you think. This is a saying I never thought that I would believe until now. My last day of high school is approaching in just a matter of days. Leaving high school is something that I thought I was so ready for, and now it is here. I have learned so much, and made so many memories throughout the past four years. A part of me wants to be able to go back and starts all over again, but the other part of me is so ready to see what is going to happen next in my life.

I can remember how nervous I was the first day of freshman year. I thought high school was going to be so much harder than middle school. I quickly realized that high school was not as scary as I thought it would be. I joined the cheer team freshman year, and it was one of the best decisions I could’ve made. Everyone on the team became like a family to me. I always looked up to the seniors on the team, and now being a senior I know how much it means to have someone look to you as a role model. Freshman year was filled with so many new experiences. Cheering at football and basketball games, pep rallies, and so much more. 

The next year of high school was not very memorable. My sophomore year got cut short by covid. Everyone kept getting quarantined and had to leave for two weeks then come back to school, and do it all over again. During the cheer season we had to keep switching people out since so many people had to leave school. Then came junior year which was a very stressful year. School was finally back to normal. We had to take tests like the SAT, and the ASVAB. Me and one of my friends, Kenzie, took a nursing class this year. We got to drive to logansport together every day to go to our class. The best part of the class was our drives there and back. We got so much closer over the year from this drive. Junior year I also got to do things like go to prom. It was a very fun experience to get to have with my best friends. 

Senior year has been the best year of high school. I’ve gotten to go through the year with some of my best friends. We have most of our classes together which is my favorite part of getting to go to school. Cheering this year was also such a great experience. Getting to be a leader with the other seniors: Kyah, Sav, and Ashlin was so fun. It’s bittersweet knowing that I will never get to do it again, but I’m so glad I had as long as I did. 

The years have been filled with so many memories that I will never forget. My advice to freshmen would be to enjoy the moment. There are going to be bad times along with the good, but it will always work out in the end. You will make so many new friends, and make many new relationships through these years. Most importantly don’t worry about what others are thinking and do what you truly want to do.